The Ohio State University Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Well there was not much an interview process for me. Went to the advisor's office, talk a little about what I did at graduate school, went over the project they wanted me to work on, and I signed the one year contract.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Ohio State University

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

the interview is brief, and the PI did't ask to many questions, I asked several questions during interview, and i got offer in 1 week after the interview. I was asked to tell PI more about my skills, and also do I have any idea of the lab development and management

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process was an amazing experience. I talked to the professor who runs the laboratory and also to the research scientists. Everyone was very respectful and considerate. The questions were mostly about my previous research experience and lab techniques, as well as why I am interested to join this lab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really. This type of job does not offer a whole lot of room of negotiation.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunedin (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Dunedin (New Zealand)) in November 2014.

Interview

I spoke to both of my supervisors via Skype, discussed the research project and the potential work before meeting them in person at a conference. I was then given a tour of their lab facilities via Skype before submitting an official application to the university. I was given an 'unofficial' offer prior to submitting my official application.