The Ohio State University Student Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

1.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. the process was relatively straightforward, I received an email that asked me to schedule an in-person interview with my supervisor. It was a very standard interview with behavioral questions that tested fit and my past work experiences. Low pressure and casual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Ohio State University

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, was emailed back about interview times, set up interview time, 20 minute interview with a hiring manager, got an email that said I got the job within a few days.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I applied and heard back quickly from hiring manager. I was first interviewed by the manager, and then the administrator of the department I applied for. Both the manager and administrator were helpful in making sure I had directions on how to get to location and made me feel comfortable. Overall, very positive experience and no surprising questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you encountered conflict and how did you handle it.
      Give example of a time when you had to work with others that were different from you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I was told about all the things I would have to do in the position, and I was then asked why I thought i would be a good fit for the position. Standard stuff

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process is easy and simple. You fill out an online form and the manager calls you if they like your answers or if you have relevant experience. Then there is a short 10-15 mins interview asking basic questions. the manager will let you know if they want you or not right then. You start working soon after that. you have a 2 day oreintation for which you get paid and also some skills training for which they pay you. It a simple process overall.

Interview Questions

• WHy do you wnat work here?
      why do you like dining services?
      have you worked in dining servies before?
      have you worked as a sales person before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was a standard on campus interview. they asked about major and sills for the job. They asked about any past experience that could be helpful. They asked about other things like schedule and understanding of task and the like.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Very informal and easy. I came in for a ten minute interview that went over my resume and qualifications. They asked some behavioral questions and that was at all. The interview was at a dining hall. I was hired on the spot. If you seem like a good person they will hire you right away and you will start training very soon.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was ever a conflict between a worker and a customer?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I went in for the interview and the supervisor told what the job entailed and asked me a few general questions. He had basically decided to hire me before I even came in for the interview. If you are fortunate to e-mail or contact at the right time, you've pretty much got the job because there are no real qualifications. It's just an entry level job.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had previously   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I interviewed with Travel, Pcard and Expediting Department. It is not hard. The manager just asked me the past working experience, graduation day and the hobby. She is very kind and encourage me to talk more about myself. I really love my job. I worked in the Expediting team and have great working experience to prepare for the future full time job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

We talked about my class schedule and past experience. The supervisor is very nice. And then we talked a lot about my school life, hobbies and many interesting things. It was a very relaxing interview process.