The Ohio State University Systems Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Systems Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was interviewed by the senior team of the research lab who were working on the major grant that is being hired through.

I came in with resumes for everyone and we began. I was asked a series of questions varying from technical expertise to personal hobbies.

At the end, I was told to keep my ear out for a call for my references.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high pressure situations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Ohio State University

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Talked to the department heads as well as the dean of the individual college. It was an informal chat where they discussed my prior experience, my interests, and what I could contribute to the college. They were very friendly and there was little to no pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took a very long time. Just over a month from the time the application is submitted to the time I accepted the offer. The online application process was very tedious. There are several questions to fill out, plus filling out all the previous job experience and salary information. When I was called in for an interview, I met several managers who sat around a table with me and asked me several questions. That can be a bit unnerving if you are not used to several people interviewing you at the same time. A lot of the interview was about personality. How well can you interact with the clients and with the team. Some of the interview was about previous experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about telling people No?   1 Answer

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in July 2011.

Interview

Initial communication was with my direct manager asking for an interview. I accepted the interview, and was interviewed by the entire team I would be working on. After this interview, I was called for a 2nd interview with two director level staff members above my direct manager. Following this interview, I was called by the director level staff member for a follow-up phone interview to clarify many of the same things gone over in the interview with this same staff member earlier the same week. After this, I was offered the job and accepted. I went through a background check and drug test and was hired within 12 days.

Interview Questions

• What is the most memorable experience you have from your childhood and how did it change your life for the worse or the better going forward?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is almost pointless within the state institutions unless you are going for a teaching/tenured position or have quite a bit of room in the position title for growth.