The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

Food Service Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Lady was nice and straight to the point. Very quick interview. It was quite average interview not very hard to prepare for. Make sure you have the education and the years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?
      Are you familiar with how to handle a staff that is unionized?
      What makes you qualified for this position?
      Tell me a little bit about your work history?
      What is your annual range you're looking for?
      1 Answer

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

An appointment date and time is agreed on and you are giving an email notice of place, time and the people you are going to interview with; at least two different set of interview panels who are all Pharmacy Technician managers. The last interview for the day is done by the supervising pharmacy manager, who is a pharmacist. Depending on what specific duty of the technician job you are being interviewed for, you will have different sets of interview panels. It roughly takes an hour and a half to go through the procedure. It's fun anyways because the hiring managers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• When was one time in your previous job did you go far and beyond?   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

It took several months to hear back after I applied. I had a phone interview first with an HR rep in the department. I then interviewed with several individuals, the COO of the department, the assistant to the Chair of the department, and the surgeons I would be working for. All were very considerate people, very informative about job duties, helped me get a sense of what working on tOSU medical campus and for their department would feel like. Asked me a lot about my work qualities and my experience in the work field. Once they gave me an offer the hiring process, orientation, etc all went very quickly and I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?
      Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses as an employee?
      Q: What kind of work environment are you looking for?
      Q: Describe a work conflict you experienced and how you resolved it.
      Q: How do you handle stress?
      Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was quite simple. The PI for the lab I was interviewing for received my application from HR through the career website. The initial phone interview was pretty simple. I was asked general research questions i.e. describe your background, explain your familiarity with laboratory procedures, long and short term goals, etc. The in-person interview was a little more intimidating. I was a out of state candidate, so they flew me out to Columbus the night before and the following morning I was schedule to talk with current members of the lab, followed by an associate professor who collaborates frequently with the lab I was interviewing for. Afterwards, I met with the lab PI and he asked me again to explain my background, why I would like to work for his lab, what qualities and experiences can I contribute to the team and the more obvious question, how do I feel about relocating to Ohio? Overall, it was a good experience although I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weakness?
      What do you look for in a lab?
      5-year plan? Short and Long term goals?
      Why are you interested in research? More specifically the work that we are conducting in this lab?
      Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for Research Assistant position and got an email after 1 month to attend in-person interview. Its just explaining your research experience with them. I was interviewed by three persons. They had shown me the lab, explained me the research going on..They told they have more persons to interview and will get in touch later..

Interview Questions

• In what position you want to be in 3-5 years?
      What do u like and dislike about research?
      1 Answer

Coding Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

You would have to submit a resume, schedule an interview, then interview with the coordinator. After that, a coding examination would commence that would last about one hour. It required coding knowledge and application using Epic software and 3M encoding software. After the interview was complete, then you would wait for a response and evaluation, but then further wait for the other applicants to complete their process.

Office Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online, they called within a week or two and scheduled an interview. very straight forward asking about info on my resume and prior experience in healthcare. Submitted an application online, they called within a week or two and scheduled an interview. very straight forward asking about info on my resume and prior experience in healthcare. Submitted an application online, they called within a week or two and scheduled an interview. very straight forward asking about info on my resume and prior experience in healthcare.

Interview Questions

• What software am i familiar with   1 Answer

Security Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I went the first time driving from Ashtabula,Ohio willing to relocate to the area for the job and was lead on for weeks with out a response. Until I hounded them then I was denied the position at the time. I applied a second time after I moved to Columbus and got the job months later. I regret ever having taken the job it was pure torture from peers and staff.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was a Buckeye fan?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by HR approximately 3 weeks after I applied for several Student Intern positions. I had a phone interview with HR that consisted of 3 behavioral questions. I was then brought in for a basic interview with the nurse manager which was very conversational. I was also given a tour of the facilities and they made me feel like I already got the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at school, work, etc that you failed to manage your time correctly and how did you make it right?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

The entire process, from submitting my online application to being offered the position, took about one month. I was first notified by e-mail that I was selected to participate in a video interview through HireVue. Next, I was offered (again by e-mail) a face-to-face "targeted selection" interview with the hiring manager and a department supervisor. The e-mail gave very specific interview tips and expectations, including what to expect in terms of behavioral interview questions. Within a few days, a recruiter called me to set up the interview. The hiring manager and supervisor I met with were friendly and started off the interview asking me to walk through my resume and discuss my work history. Then, they took turns asking me questions about my accomplishments and challenges and the actions I took in each situation. They asked about my availability and gave me a little information about the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time on a job when you handled conflict?   Answer Question