The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.9

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online from OSUWMC website and HR contacted me via email to arrange phone interview in a week. I was asked about my experience and behavioral questions. After that, I was told to do on-site interview with the hiring manager. He asked me about my past experiences and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about health care system? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I was approached through LinkedIn and encouraged to apply for the position. I had two interviews, the first was a one hour interview, the second was a series of interviews. My interview time was engaging and the conversation was reciprocal. I was very prepared and presented hard copies of marketing materials, and I could tell it was appreciated.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Hour-long phone interview followed by 2-hour in-person interview with process improvement staff, senior QI staff, service line administrator, nursing staff, and data manager. In-person interview was more conversational. Included background in the position and opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience qualifies you for this position. Describe your leadership style. What is your experience writing processes and protocols? What is your comfort level communicating with clinicians?   Answer Question

Food Service Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Lady was nice and straight to the point. Very quick interview. It was quite average interview not very hard to prepare for. Make sure you have the education and the years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?
      Are you familiar with how to handle a staff that is unionized?
      What makes you qualified for this position?
      Tell me a little bit about your work history?
      What is your annual range you're looking for?   1 Answer

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

An appointment date and time is agreed on and you are giving an email notice of place, time and the people you are going to interview with; at least two different set of interview panels who are all Pharmacy Technician managers. The last interview for the day is done by the supervising pharmacy manager, who is a pharmacist. Depending on what specific duty of the technician job you are being interviewed for, you will have different sets of interview panels. It roughly takes an hour and a half to go through the procedure. It's fun anyways because the hiring managers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• When was one time in your previous job did you go far and beyond?   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

It took several months to hear back after I applied. I had a phone interview first with an HR rep in the department. I then interviewed with several individuals, the COO of the department, the assistant to the Chair of the department, and the surgeons I would be working for. All were very considerate people, very informative about job duties, helped me get a sense of what working on tOSU medical campus and for their department would feel like. Asked me a lot about my work qualities and my experience in the work field. Once they gave me an offer the hiring process, orientation, etc all went very quickly and I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?
      Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses as an employee?
      Q: What kind of work environment are you looking for?
      Q: Describe a work conflict you experienced and how you resolved it.
      Q: How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was quite simple. The PI for the lab I was interviewing for received my application from HR through the career website. The initial phone interview was pretty simple. I was asked general research questions i.e. describe your background, explain your familiarity with laboratory procedures, long and short term goals, etc. The in-person interview was a little more intimidating. I was a out of state candidate, so they flew me out to Columbus the night before and the following morning I was schedule to talk with current members of the lab, followed by an associate professor who collaborates frequently with the lab I was interviewing for. Afterwards, I met with the lab PI and he asked me again to explain my background, why I would like to work for his lab, what qualities and experiences can I contribute to the team and the more obvious question, how do I feel about relocating to Ohio? Overall, it was a good experience although I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weakness?
      What do you look for in a lab?
      5-year plan? Short and Long term goals?
      Why are you interested in research? More specifically the work that we are conducting in this lab?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for Research Assistant position and got an email after 1 month to attend in-person interview. Its just explaining your research experience with them. I was interviewed by three persons. They had shown me the lab, explained me the research going on..They told they have more persons to interview and will get in touch later..

Interview Questions

• In what position you want to be in 3-5 years?
      What do u like and dislike about research?   1 Answer

Coding Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

You would have to submit a resume, schedule an interview, then interview with the coordinator. After that, a coding examination would commence that would last about one hour. It required coding knowledge and application using Epic software and 3M encoding software. After the interview was complete, then you would wait for a response and evaluation, but then further wait for the other applicants to complete their process.

Office Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online, they called within a week or two and scheduled an interview. very straight forward asking about info on my resume and prior experience in healthcare. Submitted an application online, they called within a week or two and scheduled an interview. very straight forward asking about info on my resume and prior experience in healthcare. Submitted an application online, they called within a week or two and scheduled an interview. very straight forward asking about info on my resume and prior experience in healthcare.

Interview Questions

• What software am i familiar with   1 Answer