The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.9

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online from OSUWMC website and HR contacted me via email to arrange phone interview in a week. I was asked about my experience and behavioral questions. After that, I was told to do on-site interview with the hiring manager. He asked me about my past experiences and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about health care system? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Interview

I was interviewed by the pharmacy tech manager and then one of the many bosses above him. Standard interview questions. I was taken on a tour of the department as well and introduced to a few employees.

Interview Questions

• I remember being asked to name 3 things that are necessary for success in the department.   1 Answer

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I was approached through LinkedIn and encouraged to apply for the position. I had two interviews, the first was a one hour interview, the second was a series of interviews. My interview time was engaging and the conversation was reciprocal. I was very prepared and presented hard copies of marketing materials, and I could tell it was appreciated.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone first then Went in to meet manager for in person interview. Interviewing process took three months from application to hire. Hiring process seems to take a long time in some departments.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about study software   1 Answer

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Hour-long phone interview followed by 2-hour in-person interview with process improvement staff, senior QI staff, service line administrator, nursing staff, and data manager. In-person interview was more conversational. Included background in the position and opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience qualifies you for this position. Describe your leadership style. What is your experience writing processes and protocols? What is your comfort level communicating with clinicians?   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Interview

The process took 3+ months. I was emailed about an interview with hirevue, then a few weeks later contacted for a face to face interview with 2 hiring managers. A day later I was contacted to shadow, a week after shadowing I was offered a position, I accepted and was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to think outside of the box   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Food Service Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Lady was nice and straight to the point. Very quick interview. It was quite average interview not very hard to prepare for. Make sure you have the education and the years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?
      Are you familiar with how to handle a staff that is unionized?
      What makes you qualified for this position?
      Tell me a little bit about your work history?
      What is your annual range you're looking for?   1 Answer

Registration Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powell, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Powell, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

They did an online video recorded interview and an in person interview if you passed. The recoded interview I felt was more nerve racking then the in person interview. It was easy to record and the instructions are easy to understand

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Interview

I found the position on FisherConnect and applied on their website, along with sending an email to the contact person in the job posting. Several weeks later I get an email back saying that I have been added to the interview list. Another week or two later I schedule a phone interview and schedule an in-person interview three weeks after the phone interview. The interview was very laid back and comfortable, it was a group interview and everyone was really nice. About two weeks after, I get a call from HR to schedule a background check and I received their benefits information. About a week after the background check, I received an offer. I negotiated then later accepted.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • What kind of environment do you work best in? (independent or collaborative)   Answer Question
    • Asked about specific details about on my resume   Answer Question
    • A time when you disagreed with a boss or client on a project or task and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How do you approach learning new computer programs/software?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated over the phone a day after I got the offer and the same day I later heard back with a new number. The next morning I accepted the offer.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

An appointment date and time is agreed on and you are giving an email notice of place, time and the people you are going to interview with; at least two different set of interview panels who are all Pharmacy Technician managers. The last interview for the day is done by the supervising pharmacy manager, who is a pharmacist. Depending on what specific duty of the technician job you are being interviewed for, you will have different sets of interview panels. It roughly takes an hour and a half to go through the procedure. It's fun anyways because the hiring managers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• When was one time in your previous job did you go far and beyond?   Answer Question