The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Pca Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in April 2018.

Interview

Be prepared to answer behavioral questions. Big emphasis on teamwork and personal accountability. You may be interviewed by the nurse manager and a couple of your potential coworkers. BCI/FBI background check is required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/why you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you made a promise you couldn't keep. Tell me about a time you contributed in a way that benefited the whole team. Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

First is a Phone call interview. If you pass that there is then an in person interview. My interview was with the nurse manager and Assistant nurse manager. The phone stuff was done via a recruiter. The recruiter was very helpful through phone and email throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about OSU?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Interview

The process took 3+ months. I was emailed about an interview with hirevue, then a few weeks later contacted for a face to face interview with 2 hiring managers. A day later I was contacted to shadow, a week after shadowing I was offered a position, I accepted and was given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to think outside of the box   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was with 2 managers. I was invited back to interview with the team. Very diverse team about 5-6. Questions were simplex enough. Lots of new individuals on the team.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online in June and didn’t get an offer for an interview until mid to end of July. They contacted me through email and made plans for an in-person interview (I live about 2 ½ hours away from Columbus). I only had one interview – they informed me that they chose 9 out of 50 applicants and were narrowing it down to 2. Everyone in the department (department of surgery) was very friendly and accommodating. I interviewed with three different people and the first one was running late which caused my entire interview process to run behind schedule but other than that it was a relatively pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Most questions they asked me were standard interview questions such as my biggest accomplishment to date, words to describe myself, etc. I have a background in public health and one interviewer saw that I knew a few statistical programs and asked me some specific tests that I’ve used but that was probably the most difficult question of the interview.   Answer Question

Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in August 2008.

Interview

The one on one interview was very good.

Interview Questions

• What is your one non-work related skill that would help the team?   Answer Question

I had a better offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

3 separate interviews. One with the supervisor, one with HR, and a 3rd with more people from the department. I was brought back on 2 separate dates and interviewed with different people on each date. Once I got the offer, the hiring process was slower than anticipated. I waited a while before entering my 2 weeks notice at my previous job.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as expected for the role. However, from the time I applied to the first interview was several months. There was an initial phone interview, then manager interview, leadership, then the team. The in person portion was done in 1 day

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied here by email. I got reply perhaps after several months. I visited here and interviewed for 2 days. I met many faculties. They wanted me and my technologies at that time. A chairman hinted that he needed me. I got an official job offer a weeks later.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online from OSUWMC website and HR contacted me via email to arrange phone interview in a week. I was asked about my experience and behavioral questions. After that, I was told to do on-site interview with the hiring manager. He asked me about my past experiences and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about health care system? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by HR approximately 3 weeks after I applied for several Student Intern positions. I had a phone interview with HR that consisted of 3 behavioral questions. I was then brought in for a basic interview with the nurse manager which was very conversational. I was also given a tour of the facilities and they made me feel like I already got the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at school, work, etc that you failed to manage your time correctly and how did you make it right?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.