The PFM Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The PFM Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The PFM Group.

Interview

On campus recruiting, an online assessment for math skills, then interview at the Philadelphia office. The interview was a straightforward behavioral interview, albeit intense. It was 4 hours of interviewing with four separate groups of people. While some of the interviewers were great and enthusiastic, two of the teams seemed like they could care less than to be there.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel your major and course work is applicable to the job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The PFM Group.

Interview

-On campus interview
    -Online math assessment
    -A couple of 1 on 1 interviews with managing directors, followed by two interview panels with whoever is available to chat with you (associates, senior associates, directors)

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with excel/financial modeling?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The PFM Group.

Interview

Organized and efficient interview process. Initial phone screen and then interviews with several members of the investment team. Everyone I met with was professional and pleasant to interact with throughout the entire process.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The PFM Group in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was generally relaxed and all questions were behavioral. You discuss your resume and then they ask you very predictable, personality questions. (the common 'tell me about a time when you...')

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The PFM Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview, the basic question that you always get asked, "Tell us about a time..." Nothing unexpected to be honest and the interviewers were explaining their daily life at the company to me.

Public Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The PFM Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university job board and got a first round interview. It was a 30 minute interview with two managers/directors at the SF office. They just read to me a list of questions. It was a kind of awkward interviewing experience because they did not seem very engaged or interested in anything I was saying. They would barely acknowledge my answer to a question before moving on to the next on their list. It was definitely hard to read how the interview was going. A couple weeks later I got asked to formally apply through their job site and was asked to do a take home math assessment. A few days later, I got asked to come to the SF office for a final round interview. I declined because I had already accepted another job at that point.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the PFM group and why are you interested in public finance   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your last internship   Answer Question
    • Is there anything we didn’t ask that you would like to tell us about   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to present something in your internship experiences   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a class you like   Answer Question
    • How would you be prepared for a position here   Answer Question
    • Tell us when you had to work through a hard math problem   Answer Question
    • What other classes outside of finance and econ have prepared you for this role   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The PFM Group in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and it took 2 weeks to hear back from HR. I had to take a simple math test before the phone interview. The interview itself was short (about 15-20min) and consisted of basic background and experience questions. I was told that I should hear back a week after but I didn't. I emailed to follow up but no one responded back.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite class and why?
      Do you prefer to lead or to follow?
      Describe your ideal work place?
      Answer Question

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The PFM Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took about 1 month. I interviewed at the company's Philadelphia office in early October. They asked mostly behavioral questions and inquired about my background. I had a good impression of the place: seemed relaxed and was experiencing positive change. I was disappointed not to hear back after over a month. A simple email would've sufficed to let me know that I would not get the job.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The PFM Group in October 2016.

Interview

Got connected with recruiter through referral. Did phone screening with the same recruiter. Overall it was a very positive experience, but the phone interview questions were challenging, be well prepared. Good company

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The PFM Group (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university on-campus process. An HR interviewed me, and the questions were mostly basic behavioral. Started off from "tell me about your story", and went on with several more specific questions, regarding your leadership, teamwork experience, and your strategy for dealing with failures.