The Palo Alto Medical Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.8

MARP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Felton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Felton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had my interview this morning and it was very different than the typical interviews I am used to. This interview was scenario based rather than questions on your skills and experience. I can see why they conduct their interviews this way; it keeps the interview process very competitive. I had applied to this program last week on Tuesday, and I got a call that same day for an interview, about 2 hours after I had submitted the application. Now I have to wait to get a call back within this next week to see whether or not I got the position. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are to be kept confidential to keep it competitive but since it was scenario based it was questions such as, "what would you do if.." "what would you say to a patient if.."   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview took approximately 31 minutes long. I was interviewed by three people. It was conversational. They asked me questions and I had the opportunity to ask them questions. I provided all three interviewers with a resume. Once they asked me the general questions, they asked me questions that were related to my resume that I provided them.

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was easy. Applied online, got a call for interview, came in interviewed and was invited back for a 2nd interview. After the 2nd interview I was offered the position .

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Health Promotion Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

After quite a few weeks, I was called to an interview with a supervisor. Once, that was completed, I got another call to attend a team meeting - interview, where the whole team introduced themselves, described what their main assignments are, and they were all given a chance to ask me any question they wanted. It was a warm, welcoming atmosphere. They promised to notify me within a week, whether the position was mine, I got a call an hour later from the HR making an offer, starting the whole process.

Medical Assistant II MARP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent resume and received a call the same day. Interviewed 2 days later. I Completed a form with my top 3 locations, then interviewed. After I was asked to stay to speak with HR where I was offered the position.

My advice is to come fully prepared to answer clinical questions and describe what you would do in different scenarios. Also, dress professional, there were 2 other applicants that were not invited to meet with HR and they were wearing colored jeans....

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the PAMF career portal and was called by a HR coordinator a few weeks later, she mentioned it was for a MA position but there were several open. When I arrived for the interview she asked me to pick my 3 top locations to work and said one of those would be my starting point. For MA its a pool then you get hired into the clinic. It was very fast for me. I interviewed 1:1 with an RN and with HR. I was offered the role pretty quickly. The process is quick. Just be yourself and honest. Dress professionally, all the normal interview etiquette applies!

Interview Questions

• What is your 5 year plan/goals?
      How do you handle stress?
      Lots of situational questions
      Some medication questions
      Some vital questions
      Some discussion around your work habits   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is certified and uncertified pay scale so your pay is set.

HCC Risk Adjustment Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview and then follow up for job offer, once the offer was made I had a few days to decide on whether or not I wanted to accept the position

Interview Questions

• Tell us something we don't know about you.   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation.

Interview

Applied for the position through the online Sutter Health job site. The supervisor of the department called me for a phone screen first. Shortly after the phone screen, I was invited for a 1:1 with the supervisor. I was then invited for a second interview to meet upper management. The panel interview was in a conference room with upper management and the 2 lead physicians of the department. I was offered the position pending a full background check,medical clearance, and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this department?

What do you think your last manager would say about you?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is great. The interviewers are often very friendly and are very good at making you feel at ease. The only drawback is how long it takes to get the interview in the first place.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Applied sometime in June 2015, didn't get a phone call for interview until October. At that point, I forgot I even applied for the position, but I agreed to interview since I was interested. The interview was three rounds, the longest 4 hours. After the first interview, I didn't hear back for two weeks so I followed up myself. They forgot who I was but since I expressed interest they scheduled me for more interviews. It was easy- simply met with all providers in the department. They asked questions such as "why are you switching jobs, why are you interested in this company, what's your past experience, etc."

I was able to tour the department and get insight to the providers' schedules. They were quite busy and jam packed with patients. During the interview, one of the providers even expressed how she was stressed and overworked.

They offered me the job, but in the process they contacted my current employer even though I explicitly asked them not to do so. They asked my current employer why I was leaving! This put me in an uncomfortable situation since I hadn't told my employer I was job hunting.

Interview Questions

Overworked and stressed providers. Contacted my current employer even though I asked them not to- unprofessional.