The Party Staff Server Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Party Staff Server Bartender Interview Questions

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Party Staff (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay. You go in and fill out paper work and take a small quiz just to see that you know that basics of what you are applying for. The interviewer was also very friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Party Staff

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Party Staff (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Group of 15 people, a woman briefly talked about the job but mostly that we would need to be flexible with our schedules. Filled out paperwork, then met one-on-one to discuss our experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Party Staff (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It took over an hour. You'll be filling out an application and will be taking a catering quiz - depending on your knowledge of catering and such, this might take a long time. Then you'll give your quiz to the front desk to get graded. You'll then have to do a physical test of placing down plates at a banquet table (how do you serve, where should protein be...etc).

Then they'll pull you aside to do a one-on-one to get to know you a bit better and look at your resume. The person who interviewed me was super sketchy when I inquired about pay. Would not give me a straight forward answer of how much it pays per hour for servers but will only say bartenders and captains make more, sometimes there are tips and sometimes not. Per previous reviews, the shadiness regarding pay probably comes from the fact that it's extremely low. Couldn't even give me a range. Didn't answer if they reimbursed gas, just that "well, you can see the address of where you're going, you can accept or declined". I'm going to take that as a no.

Then you'll get invited to a second interview, skills assessment. If picked, then you'll stay for an extra hour of paid training.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Party Staff (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They had an ad on Craigslist. The ad referenced their website where you could apply online. Their website didn't work properly. However, they did call me, so evidently the website did do something. I was invited in to fill out an application - allow 30-45 mins as the application included a test. After the application I was invited in to interview. It was a simple and pleasant interview, a pay rate was offered and I was invited back the next day for a paid orientation. The "orientation" is in two parts - the first part is disclosure about the job and their expectations and is very interactive. This part is NOT paid. Again, you can leave or be dismissed, but, if you are asked to stay then you have become an employee and they finish the orientation. This part IS paid - at minimum wage. This is where you fill out all your paperwork and learn how their computerized online scheduling application works. Overall it was a pleasant and professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, really. The questions are all about the things you need to know to do your job. It's easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a reasonable offer above minimum wage to start and I accepted.

Server Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Party Staff (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I saw it on the internet, the advertisement. I sent a resume and they contacted me about three weeks later. They then conducted a group interview where they cut the people they didn't want. After that we had our last interview which was basically filling out paper work and going over rules. Advice to candidates? Don't even bother--this is a bad, bad company

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a catering company before   1 Answer
    • Do you have a social life? If the anwer is yes, don't bother to continue the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation whatsoever. Since they view us as mere cattle, they obviously don't negotiate with us.

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Party Staff (Campbell, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was mostly a skills examination, They ask you basic questions about life history and work experience. They may even ask you to submit to a drug test but do not test.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?
      Identify objects on this page.   1 Answer