The Peacock Group plc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Peacock Group plc Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.2

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight-forward - predictable set of questions, however, overall disappointing since I'd undertaken a 6 hour round-trip to attend a first stage interview with junior members of the team (i.e. not the line manager) that could have been done over Skype. They then didn't bother to get back to me to either detail next steps let alone give me any feedback on the interview. Overall an appallingly unprofessional way to behave and if it's reflective of the way they do business probably a lucky escape on my part.

Interview Questions

• Have you managed PPC accounts?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashton-under-Lyne, England (UK)

Interview

I saw a vacancy in the fitting rooms so I handed my CV in to the store and I was called back for a one on one interview. This was for a new store opening in another town. The interview was really relaxed, we talked over my CV. She talked to me about Peacocks as a company.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I enjoy my current role.

Why do you want to leave your current role?

What do you expect a store to look like?

What do you think makes good customer service?   1 Answer

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

A simple maths and excel test to be completed in 15 minutes. Very friendly conversation during the interview, introducing myself briefly and talk through the cv. Elaborating relevant experience and skills.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

A one to one interview general interview questions was asked by the manager such as tell me about yourself , why would you like to work for us, what skills and experiences do you have etc and on availability/flexibility etc, lasted about 20 minutes, was average; a week later, recieved a letter in the post informing me that I wasn't successful, not explaining why though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

Why would you like to work for us?

What would you think this role requires you to do?

How well do you work within a team?

How do you cope under pressure?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (Stafford, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online through jobsite.
    Recieved an email from HR asking my expected salary for the position. Emailed back and never heard anything again. Not even an acknowledgement or a can't pay that much reply. V POOR

DEP MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colwyn Bay, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (Colwyn Bay, Wales (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Firs i had to do a telephone interview. They asked about kpis and size of my shop, general managment related questions. This took about 30 minutes. They then asked me for an interview with the manager of the store and the area manager. There was an informal chat before the interview, i think to mainly put me at ease. The then gave me a sheet of paper and . asked me to go to the shop floor to do a swot analysis. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and theats for the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (London, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

Went into the store asking for job, they only had a space for weekdays but I was on summer break and could only work weekends. Was persistent and got a phone call asking me to come and working the next week.

Interview Questions

• Literally none, just asked if I was able to work in the next week.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Straightforward process, handed in cv in store and had to attend a one to one interview, Pretty much your standard retail interview, helps to come across as helpful and polite and a hardworker

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herne Bay, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Peacock Group plc (Herne Bay, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

I found the vacancy online (through job centre) and I downloaded the application form (you could also collect it from the job centre). I filled it out and posted it to the address supplied. Around a week later, I received a letter through the post inviting me to a group interview. As it was for a new store opening, around 80 people turned up (competing for 16 part-time vacancies - 6 of which were temporary). This interview was in 2 parts. The first involved lots of team building activities where you needed to make sure you got your point across without dominating the situation and the second involved a one-to-one interview where they asked typical competency based interview questions (nothing too challenging really). Around 2 weeks later, I received another letter in the post telling me that I had got the job and was invited to an induction!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.