The Philadelphia Inquirer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Philadelphia Inquirer

Sports Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Emailed the sports editor after intern applications had closed, met in person at the Inquirer offices one week later. We talked for two hours and I was offered the job 30 minutes into the conversation. Received paperwork about a month later.

Photo Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

One interview, pretty standard. I met an HR woman who asked me all the basics about my previous work, then I met with the hiring manager who told me about the job specifics. They called me to hire me right after when I was on the street. Very easy interview, fast hiring process.

Editorial Board Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

They had my resume before I was called. I came in for an interview and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Would I be alright with writing editorials that represented the board's consensus but with my byline.   1 Answer

I did not feel comfortable writing editorials that would not reflect my sentiments, but were the consensus of the board or management, yet would have my by-line.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward. Discussion of experience and company's needs. Reviewed industry trends and latest developments across many departments. Review of skills was thorough. Discussion of benefits was well designed and direct in presenting important information on pension and health benefits. Also took references from three previous employers, which i found out were contacted.

Interview Questions

• How my experience would address certain marketing problems.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by in person face to face with regional manager. Then second interview with department manager and human resources manager. After those interviews I was offered the position over the phone. Then I had to take a drug test and submit to a background check.

Writer/Editing/Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

I thought the interview went fabulous. The position of a copy writer wasn't as desirable as I had wanted.
    I wanted to write columns and or report for the paper. The interview was receptive and positive re: my delivery and what I had desired. No position was open for writer/reporter at that time. However, they plan to contact me as soon as a position opens.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to travel all over the world, if need be?   1 Answer

Copy Editing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Interview

The Inquirer selects two copy editing interns for each summer session. One is selected from Penn State, the other from Kansas State. About 40 journalism students from my school (Penn State) applied for this position. Interviews are conducted in late January with the Deputy Managing Editor on campus. He goes over your resume with you, and asks you questions about your experience with copy editing. He then asks you to demonstrate your copy editing abilities during the interview by providing you with several paragraphs that need editing.