The Pokémon Company International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Pokémon Company International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.9

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International in April 2017.

Interview

Started with a recruiter, then moved to the HR person. He was refreshingly candid and open. The brand sounds to have a lot of passionate employees, but it didn't feel like a good cultural fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with frustration of knowing how social media should work but not having the ability to change some internal rules that go against that?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Several phone calls with hiring manager, then HR, and the recruiters. Once that was completed I was invited onsite to have an extensive interview with most of the team. The interview was in a small room and the company provided a folder with my resume printed out, a booster pack of Pokemon cards (awesome touch!), and a few business cards with a print out of who all I'd be meeting, their role, and time. It was all very well put together.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would test the success of your systems against a high use service.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International (Bellevue, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiters were overall nice, but seemed overwhelmed. They would provide a timeframe for follow-up from one step to the next but ultimately get back in touch days afterward. Finally, after a 6 hour interview loop in their office, they simply disappeared. I sent a couple requests for update but both were ignored. While I understand how busy people can be, not following up after such an extensive interview process goes beyond rude into borderline insulting territory.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few questions about how I would handle the relationship between Pokémon and Nintendo/Nintendo of America.   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International.

Interview

HR contacted me via email to schedule phone screening. Hours before the call the HR rep emailed me to cancel. We rescheduled for a later date and time. Again, hours before the call the HR rep emailed to cancel and reschedule the call. When I finally had the opportunity to talk with the HR rep, none of the questions they asked were about my work history or what I could bring to the company. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being in the office from 9 am - 5 pm? How do you feel about your commute?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International.

Interview

Extensive but relaxed, quick decision making after two interviews, learned a lot about the company and all expectations that were given during the interview were accurate as I started working here.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a fast paced ever changing environment   Answer Question

ECommerce Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 4+ weeks. I had two phone interviews with HR and a Skype interview with the hiring manager, a development manager and an unknown person (he never introduced himself). They were all busy with their laptops and it was clear that they were not looking at my resume or work. They rarely looked up and seemed very uninterested in the interview.

Most of their questions were not related to the job at all. It really seemed like they don't know how to interview a potential candidate for this position. Also, they were unfriendly and had poor interviewing skills. The development manager had a thick accent and when I politely asked her to repeat one of her questions she got irritated with me and shut down. As a non-native speaker I understand that sometimes you just don't want to repeat yourself but it was a job interview via Skype so no excuses here.

I can only say good things about Pokemon's HR staff. They were very professional and engaged in the hiring process from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• None. They asked a few easy job related questions such as what would you change on our current site.   Answer Question

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Their HR coordinator reached out to schedule a phone interview, which ended being a lady minute cancellation (5 min before the scheduled time). She did not apologize and asked to reschedule. The next time she was a no show with no indication that she was running late. Very unprofessional and a poor reflection on herself and this company.

Localization Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International (Bellevue, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

After 20 minute phone screen was invited for in person interview and another one after that.

Interview Questions

• The second interview was framed as a chat with a company director, but he wasn't very chatty.   1 Answer

International Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International (Bellevue, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially applied through recruiter and received a message to setup a phone interview. Asked general HR questions over the phone. One to one interview focused more on sales and growth strategy, past experiences. Panel interview followed in front of the entire sales team with generally the same questions. Office was clean and quirky, decorated with pokemon merchandise everywhere. HR took an extended amount of time getting back after the interviews to relay not extending an offer. Looked like a fun place to work.

Interview Questions

• What would your sales and growth strategy be for launching into third tier markets?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Pokémon Company International (Bellevue, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

After being approuched by a headhunter I was granted an in-person interview with members of Pokemon's HR and management team. I was introduced to a few people, and really enjoyed talking with them. I thought that my skills, experiance, and personallity would be a great fit. The office was very nice and the people seemed to have a real passion from the product. I would have loved the opportunity to join the team. I was told that they had another canidate that they were bringing in and would get back to me by Friday of that week.

However, after my interview I had no direct contact from Pokemon, even after I mailed to say what a pleasure it was to meet everyone (which it really was). Two weeks later the headhunter was still trying to get an answer from them. She never did get feedback on why I was not the canidate selected for the job offer. I was dissapointed in the lack of follow through I felt after the interview. I know as an HR professional that I'd never leave a canidate hanging on for over two weeks after telling them I would be back in contact before the end of the week.

If you are working with a headhunter and they want you to interview at Pokemon don't count on getting any feedback after the interview, even if you e-mail and ask for it.

Interview Questions

• What do we offer that your current job doesn't?   1 Answer