The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.8

P/T Library Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I interviewed with the HR person and the branch manager from the branch I was applying to. They were both personable and friendly. However, I felt like the number of questions they asked for a part time job that only required a high school diploma/GED was a bit overkill (I've been on interviews for a full-time job that required specialized knowledge, certifications, and a 4 year degree that didn't ask the number of questions they did). If I remember correctly, there were 3 pages of behavioral questions, and I wished I'd known ahead of time just how extensive it was going to be. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, both the HR and branch manager took turns asking questions and writing my answers down.

Things to know:
    - 2 interviewers (HR + branch manager)
    - LOTS of behavioral type questions, so prepare accordingly
    - Arrive early/on time but prepare to wait (they called me back 15 min past my scheduled interview time)
    - Visit the branch you're applying to so you can ask specific questions at the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked on a team to accomplish a specific task, how did it turn out, were there any problems you had to resolve...   Answer Question

Library Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes total. They had a list of questions and wrote down all of my answers. From the moment I walked in I got the feeling that they didn't want to be there! Not a good first impression.

Student Shelver Interview

Application

Interview

First you complete a shelver test. When I did this we were allowed to use the cheat sheet from the application proccess that tells how to shelve books. You must get most of it right in order to pass. The better you do the better chances you have of getting the job.
    Afterward you interview with the manager and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by both an HR director and the branch manager of the branch that I applied to. Both were very courteous and took turns asking me questions. They said they'd follow up with me in a few weeks, and were respectful enough to email me stating that they decided to hire someone that was already in the system.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker. Explain the situation, how you handled it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Met in a small conference room with the hiring manager and department head. They explained what they were looking for and took turns asking questions, then gave me the opportunity to ask them a few. They told me they'd be in touch in about two weeks, and were courteous enough to follow up and tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you had to handle a problem without input from your supervisor.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a followup email a few days later. I was given a choice of times to meet on one day. I was interviewed by the department manager and an HR rep. The interview lasted about half an hour. I was told by email within 2 weeks that someone else was selected.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Applied via website. Website includes skills test, which assume is to insert some kind of weeding to the process.Followed up by phone call. Then in person interview with Regional Manager and Human Resources representative. Approximately one hour interview with questions from each person. Formal and respectful. Plenty of opportunities to insert information about

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to enforce a policy that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, took the online test and my interview was a week later. It went very well with the HR dept. Got a call 3 days later and I found out I got the job. I did the paper work and background check and was able to start 2 weeks later.

Security Officer/Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with a representative with Human Resources and the Department Manager. We met at the downtown Cincinnati location, 900 Vine Street. They included several of using examples from my previous employment to illustrate my answers. They did ask about my expectation of what working for the library in the capacity of a security officer would entail.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of dealing with a difficult person. Give an example of how you dealt with a policy you did not agree with. How do you evaluate your response to any situation?   Answer Question

Student Shelver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Hiring was simple as I had already volunteered and they knew my abilities. It was a pretty typical interview with the branch manager and the manager above them. We met in the branch, before it opened, and it was a fairly quick and painless interview. Most of the questions were centered around making sure teenager is ready for a job- asking about friends visiting, why I wanted the job, and whether or not I could be on time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your friends walked in?   1 Answer