The RealReal Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

0.0

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The RealReal (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

It started off with a recruiter contacting me on a Sunday to just chat which went okay. I was asked a question in regards to salary requirements, I elaborated on why I felt my experience aligned with a certain pay range. I offered to give more information in regards to that and was quickly told it wasn't necessary as that wasn't the question she asked and the way she stated it could be perceived as condescending. Fortunately for me I've worked in customer service for years and I know when to ignore people's attitudes. After setting up an interview, I take a train for an hour in 90 degree weather wearing appropriate interview attire (i.e. slacks and a long sleeve button up), arrive early, wait past the scheduled time only to be sat down on the store's shopping floor and once the manager quickly realizes I don't have a copy of my resume on hand she asks to reschedule. During the process of this I was never once informed of needing to bring a copy of my resume, which is no longer an expected practice from most companies thanks to technology and when it is expected they communicate it. So I leave to head back to the train for another hour long commute. Once arriving home I send an email to reschedule the interview as the manager requested. I don't receive a response for the rest of the day, not a big deal. Following day I receive a generated "no-reply" email stating they declined my application and will be going with another candidate. Word to the wise if you're a professional looking for a like minded company read up on the this company and their reports on the Better Business Bureau site like I did. I shouldn't have expected a delivery of the same level of professionalism, I now know for next time.