The RealReal Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The RealReal Copywriter Interview Questions

Interviews at The RealReal

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

Efficient and quick. The process was simple, I was surprised to see how fast I got a response. Everyone I have spoken to was friendly and very down to earth.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The RealReal

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (Brisbane, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got an email back set up phone interview. Followed by interview with head of copy following week. Overall 2 week process. Quick and efficient, easy test followed by tour. Maybe 30 minutes top.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of fashion brands and fimilarity with international sizing   Answer Question

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

I received a tour to the warehouse with the senior manager upon my entry. I met with two assistant managers for a brief interview about my background and answered stereotypical questions and took a quiz on designer signatures.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to solve a problem outside of your scope of knowledge?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview first which was nice before the in-person interview. They gave me a tour of the company at the in-person interview which was nice to see the work space.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The RealReal.

Interview

Applied for the position in January 2016 and received an automated response email confirming this. I, then, heard absolutely nothing until June 2016, when I received a generic email from a recruiter:

"Hello!

Thank you for your application. I'd like to set up a call with you to discuss this opportunity. Could you please suggest some times when you will be available in the next few days?

I look forward to speaking with you."

By that time I had nearly forgotten I had applied for that job. Five months is a ridiculous "turnaround time" between first contact and response. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Could you please suggest some times when you will be available in the next few days?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The RealReal in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within hours for a telephone screen. A recruiter called and confessed that what they're really seeking is luxury retail experts, rather than eCommerce copywriters. The job requires copywriters to measure and describe items, rather than tell stories and engage shoppers. I kept asking about conversion rates, analytics and metrics and she kept assuring me that this was not like other eCommerce copywriting positions. I agree.
    The recruiter advised me to rewrite my resume with additional luxury experience and reapply.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with luxury brands?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The RealReal (Brisbane, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview with their hiring manager. Second was in person at their warehouse. The interview process is quite easy, I'm not sure how they do it now. But in 2016, they had a different manager and she spoke most of the time. She seemed a little flustered and didn't ask much about me. Somehow I got offered the job. I didn't take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Took 2 weeks or less, basically this company is ran by all young people. I came in during lunch time for an interview and it looked like high school recess. I emailed the lady after I left saying not to waste time and that I wasn't interested in the company or position. You take a writing test on what luxury means to you.

Interview Questions

• Why the real real?
      What product knowledge of fashion do you know?   Answer Question

It was not a company for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview went well once I was able to sit down with someone. I had to wait for almost 45 minutes until I was actually interviewed. During that time, they give you a short questionnaire to fill out while you wait which is used to evaluate your writing skills. The actual interview went quiet well except for the fact that the woman I was told that I would personally be interviewing with was running behind and had me interview with someone else. Perhaps the reason why I had to wait so long to be interviewed in the first place. After the interview I was taken on a tour the facility. It looked to be a very organized and actually fascinating!

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of luxury?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy. The interview process was very quick and almost like they didn't care who they hired at all. They only asked three question and there was some paper work to be filled out. Later I was asked to prepare a writing sample. This is to make sure you are very detailed oriented. Lastly there was a tour or the working environment and and building. Everything housed in the same building.