The RealReal Fashion Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The RealReal Fashion Copywriter Interview Questions

Interviews at The RealReal

2 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
0%
50%
50%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
50%
50%

Difficulty

3.0
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy

Helpful (4)  

Fashion Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ
No Offer
Neutral Experience

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. Organization of the company not so much. Waited about 15 minutes before actually being interviewed. Was supposed to interview with Manager and Assistant Manager but only interviewed with Assistant Manager. HR and Management team was not on the same page. Was told different when coming into interview than what actually occurred. Was extremely qualified but wasn’t offered the position for something entry level with not much fashion experience needed to do the position. Company feels as though I’m fit for the company but not the position applied for. Whatever that means.

Interview questions were normal. Asked about career goals and such. Very easy to answer.

Something very alarming was the Assessment before the interview. Assessment questions asked about illegal drug use and stealing from company very frequently. About 10% was about work ethic while the other 90% revolved around those type of questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The RealReal

  1.  

    Fashion Copywriter Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (Brisbane, CA).

    Interview

    It was phone interview first. That went well. She asked for my availability for an in-person interview. I left a pretty open window and specified the earliest was Tuesday. No specific time was mentioned though. Days went by without a confirmation. I emailed the day before asking if a date was set. I was then sent an interview confirmation at 9:15pm the night before to come in at 11am. Such late notice of a confirmed time and date but I agreed and went in anyways.

    The in-person interview felt like it went well. I was interviewed by 2 people, the hiring manager + assistant hiring manager. The AHR was only there for the first half. At the end of the interview, i was offered the position verbally by the hiring manager.

    I emailed a day or so later accepting the position and said i could start next week. No response. I followed up yet still no response.

    I think this company is very disorganized, disjointed, and unprofessional. There were other red flags i had noticed including illegal questions on the required application. I see it now as if i dodged a bullet.

    Moral of the story: don't give your current company your resignation because your job offer with The RealReal may not pan out.

    Interview Questions

    • A lot of the questions tested my knowledge on brands and fashion in general.   1 Answer

Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a resume to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.