The RealReal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The RealReal

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The RealReal (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2018.

Interview

It was an on the phone interview, asked very general questions whilst searching through social media feeds. They wanted to know more of my personality rather than my experience. Then offered to anyone who I may know who would also want the position.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The RealReal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Two Half an hour phone calls with HR manager. Was extremely disappointed with low salary. I have almost two decades of experience and it was clear that did not matter. How, as a company founded by a Woman - is subpar pay empowering? How does it bring us to equality in pay? Enough with the start up mind set in paying peanuts while you get rich.
    Bring people forward with you. Lift up, not keep people small.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at TRR? Why this job? What attracted me the role?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of submitting an online application, then an initial telephone screen call, then I came into the office for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, and three other folks. Throughout the entire process I was kept informed, the interviews were very purposeful in questions and depth, and overall I was very satisfied and kept-up-to-date. Everyone at the office was very friendly and warm - they made me feel super comfortable.

Fashion Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. Organization of the company not so much. Waited about 15 minutes before actually being interviewed. Was supposed to interview with Manager and Assistant Manager but only interviewed with Assistant Manager. HR and Management team was not on the same page. Was told different when coming into interview than what actually occurred. Was extremely qualified but wasn’t offered the position for something entry level with not much fashion experience needed to do the position. Company feels as though I’m fit for the company but not the position applied for. Whatever that means.

Interview questions were normal. Asked about career goals and such. Very easy to answer.

Something very alarming was the Assessment before the interview. Assessment questions asked about illegal drug use and stealing from company very frequently. About 10% was about work ethic while the other 90% revolved around those type of questions.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then a more formal in-depth call. After which I was interviewed by a few people that wanted to drill down on my background to see if there was a claer fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a startup environment with constant change?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to identify opportunities for change, present and implement?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This review is for the phone interview. HR lady was a good listener and sounded nice over the phone and asked me a few questions before telling me the job responsibilities. I was very informed.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have related to the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

I was contacted by the 3rd party contractor. Followed by Dir. of Engineering call, which was slated to be a code challenge from the start. As I didn't know anything about the company I insisted on 30 min introductory. I was willing to find out the culture and challenges first.

I found the interviewer unwilling to have a conversation and clearly irritated by my request to defer the coding. Overall introduction was clunky and dry filled with stamp vague questions. I noticed that interviewer didn't even pay attention to my answers few times.

Interview Questions

• What do you do now and what do you to see yourself doing in your next role?
      Your experience in full stack.   Answer Question

The RealReal Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Head of People

I am so sorry to hear of your experience! We want everyone to feel that they are important to use throughout the interview process. We take your feedback seriously and will use it to coach our team to be better.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very responsive and I had my interviews set up quickly. They also made good use of my time there by scheduling in person and Google Hangout meetings all on the same day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about my Leadership style as they are a company that cares deeply about their employees and want the cultural right fit.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal.

Interview

I should've known from the start this would be a horrible experience. I tried to ignore these negative reviews, thinking "oh, it can't be that bad!" Well, just the interview process alone was unprofessional and demeaning so I can't even imagine working there. The original recruiter missed our phone interview TWICE and I had to follow up with her three times via email to secure the second phone call. (She tried to blame my phone when I was home from work all day with it next to me) After getting through the second round to the next recruiter, I felt that maybe there was a light at the end of the tunnel. She lead me to believe this would be a professional and rewarding experience...very wrong. When I arrived for my on-site interview, they were 20 minutes late with the previous interview. The women via skype were INCREDIBLY rude and acted like they couldn't be bothered. One of them even started texting on her phone. The general annoyance I felt was perplexing, but maybe it was attributed to their overall unhappiness in their jobs.
    TLDR: Just steer clear. They are clearly lying to you about the position and are eager to overwork and judge you in a totally unprofessional environment.

Interview Questions

The RealReal Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Head of People

I am sorry to hear of your experience. We want every interaction to be positive and this was not. Thanks for your feedback so that we can improve.

Product Receiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The RealReal (Brisbane, CA).

Interview

Quick note: make sure you know who you're meeting with, as there is security at the front door and you will be asked.

The interview: mostly general interview questions. "What type of work environment do you work best in?" "How have you dealt with an issue to avoid it being too stressful for you or your peers?"

Important: I was given a 'test' in which I was asked to identify different brands of bags and shoes, and describe different articles of clothing and shoes. If you're familiar with luxury brands and their signature pieces, you should be fine. I personally struggled a bit even though I did some research beforehand.

Interview Questions

• "How have you dealt with an issue to avoid it being too stressful for you or your peers?"   Answer Question