The RealReal Photo Production Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The RealReal Photo Production Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at The RealReal

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The RealReal (Brisbane, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I actually applied for a warehouse receiver position and got an email about setting up a phone interview for a photo production assistant position. At first I didn't notice because I'd been contemplating applying to the photo position but I didn't think I was qualified enough. When I got the email I assumed I'd just forgotten and applied to both.

Eventually I scrolled back through my applications and realized I never applied for this position in the first place. That should have been a red flag for their recruiter to be that disorganized, but I chose not to say anything because I preferred this position to the one I applied for.

Eventually I did the phone interview, which was rescheduled several times, and it was about 30 minutes of the recruiter telling me about the position more than asking me questions. I didn't really get a chance to sell myself, she spent a lot more time telling me about the hours, the required overtime, how numbers-driven the department is. It sounded like slave labor at near minimum wage.

Less than a week later I got an email saying there were better candidates for the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The RealReal

Photo Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal.

Interview

Very unprofessional organization and that's why it has such a low rating, 2.4. Numbers don't lie. I had already been super skeptical about interviewing here as the reviews on Glassdoor make the company sound absolutely horrible and it seems with reason.

I had applied to the Photo Production Assistant position based out of their Secaucus, NJ location. The day after I sent in my application a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview, we were confirmed to speak the following day in the afternoon. As the time rolled around she never called me so I sent her an email to follow up and see if there had been a change, i.e. if they had decided to move on with another candidate or if they just weren't interested in my application. No response.

I understand that I applied to this role first but please, don't waste my or anyone elses' time. If you're no longer interested, just say that.

The RealReal Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Head of People

So sorry about your experience. It certainly was disappointing to read, and worse for you. We have made a lot of changes in our HR and Recruitment team--which cannot take away from this, but we hope we are better now.

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (Brisbane, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter by email who set up a brief phone interview with me two days later. I found that this brief interview was way more in depth and specific than the actual in person interview. It was really difficult to hear her over the phone so I found myself asking her to repeat her questions. She was really sweet though, and after the interview she told me that I would be a good candidate for the position and then she scheduled and in person interview with the photography manager. When i went to the in person interview, he gave me a tour around the facilities and explained how every aspect of the production worked (took about 30 mins) and then we went into a room to briefly discuss my resume and experience. Then got a call two days later after all the HR paperwork was filed and was told I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayview, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The RealReal (Bayview, CA).

Interview

The interview process went by extremely quickly. All in all, there were only two people in charge of hiring for this role: the photo manager, and a recruiter. There was an initial phone screen by the in-house company recruiter, and a few days later I was meeting the people I'd be working with in the studio/office. Doing the studio tour / hypothetical daily run-through etc. A day or two later, I received the offer phone call from the recruiter. Unfortunate for this company: they do not negotiate whatsoever. Incredibly low pay rate for a role that requires a certain amount of experience, as well as a Tuesday - Saturday schedule with monthly mandatory overtime.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with styling and shooting your products incredibly fast?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional! The recruiter called me for the phone interview at the wrong time scheduled. She then asked me to reschedule at that exact moment through email. We spoke for 5 minutes and she was very unprepared. She told me why i was not qualified for the job. If i was not qualified, then why did you schedule an interview?

She told me they work Tues-Sat

I had a portfolio that she did not even look at