The RealReal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The RealReal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at The RealReal

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The RealReal.

Interview

Their recruiter has been friending and spam messaging almost *every* software engineer in the Bay Area on LinkedIn to get around paying for LinkedIn inbox messages. Bad and inexperienced recruiters are the number one sign of a bad work culture: if a recruiter can’t bring in good candidates, the company is either not hiring the best or is understaffed

Interview Questions

• The spam message asked for a phone number, but that was it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The RealReal

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal.

Interview

Two phone screens and an onsite. They asked very specific questions about Rails and JavaScript and no algorithms questions. As in they prioritize experience with their exact stack over general abilities. That's a big red flag to me. One of the interviews told me that the work they do is very basic and his job is mostly a matter of following the processes they have in place.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a weakness of Ruby on Rails that you have encountered?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took like 2 months. Initially I got an email from the scheduler for setting up the phone screening. The phone screening was for 10 minutes with couple questions related to the resume. Then I was told that I would be getting an email or call about next steps. After a week I got an email asking to visit their office for the three rounds of interview for around 3 hours with 5 people. The interview did go well and after couple weeks I got a message from the recruiter to set up a time to talk. After which still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What would you expect from the ideal manager
      What are the challenges
      Why TheRealReal
      Some exercise to write the reports   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

- Phone screen: Basic questions. Assessing technical capabilities and also culture fit.
    - Onsite interview: Meet 3-4 pairs of engineers and then the VP of engineering. Sometimes also meet the CTO. The questions depend on your skill level, but it's clear that they want you to succeed. They are open to Junior people as long as they can prove that they can work well in a team and also that they can learn fast.