The Red Door Salon & Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (Garden City, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was multilayered. It started with a phone interview followed by a series of interviews with different Gm's in the region. Once I was accepted I was then able to fill out all the paperwork prior to starting so the transition from old job to new job was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• They asked how you dealt with different personalities and how you got them to work productively.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews for the position. One verbal and one practical. There was also plenty of room to negotiate an hourly rate but ultimately I felt the base pay was pretty low. The commission and tips do make up for it though if the spa is busy.

Interview Questions

• The person interviewing me was unsure about the commission rate for application services.   Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa.

Interview

There was a very brief phone interview and then three face to face interviews followed. Pretty basic interview. Be prepared to sell them something and possibly do a makeup application. Make sure you show that you are really passionate about what your applying for, it does matter to them. Also, wear a blazer!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Brought portfolio into the spa along with a resume, and presented it to the manager. I was told I would receive a phone call from the head of the makeup department. Received the phone call and was called in for an interview. The first interview was two pages of questions. I was told to come in to do a makeup demonstration the next week. After the makeup demonstration, I was told to come in for a final interview. The final interview was just a rundown of the first interview. I was told they would check my references and call me back in a week. There were 3 parts total and took about a month to finish the process. Wear a blazer!!!

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (Fairfax, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager sat down with me and we talked about job duties and the reasons why I wanted to work there. She really liked me so she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good person for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job, so I didn't really know how to negotiate. She asked how much I wanted and I left the ball in her court. She then offered $11/hour and I took it.

Salon Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (Garden City, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process took about a month. I had an initial interview when I was submitting my application. The second interview took place at another one of their locations. The third interview consisted of a hair demo at another one of their locations far out on Long Island . And then I had a fourth and final interview. A bit much right?

Interview Questions

• What level of experience do you have working in a salon environment?   1 Answer

GSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (White Plains, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with gsm and agm it went well they let me know about the job and what I would be doing then met with gm she went three daily duties and schedule and then got an offer

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

you would apply online, and receive a phone call to do an over the phone screening. you would then be asked to come in for a face to face interview where you will meet with one or two managers. if you are a sure thing you might get to meet he GM.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (Richmond, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

I walked in with a resume and asked the front desk if they were hiring. They said they were and immediately got a manager. I was interviewed by all three acting managers and was hired on the spot, although to my knowledge that had never happened before.

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (Garland, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I had a very interview with, first the Guest Service Manager, followed by another interview with the General Manager. They were very friendly and warm. We discussed trends in beauty and fashion as well as goals for the company. We also spoke at length about their product lines (EA cosmetics and RD Skincare lines). We talked at length about customer service and good experiences as well as nightmare experiences in Customer Service.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at the Red Door. What types of experiences (good or bad) I have had with Customer Service (on the receiving end.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. I was happy with what they were offering. This was an extra holiday job - little negotiation required.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Red Door Salon & Spa (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the guest service manager and the general manager - they were very friendly and both interviews were short and to the point. I received an offer very quickly and in two weeks I was working in the spa.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer if they had a dissatisfactory service?   Answer Question