The Richards Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Richards Group

Sort:

Junior Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

This interview process was weird. First, the planning of it was completely unorganized. I interviewed with a internal recruiter after applying online. They decided to take me immediately into the group interviews after a principal couldn't do a second phone screen. The whole process took about a month. They have a group interview structure where its done in lightning rounds with two people back to back. I know the lightning round interview framework has become commonplace, but I do not feel that this style is beneficial because I met with too many people and honestly don't even remember the questions they asked or their names because it was 8-12 different people. Is this really necessary? I do remember one question though. Look, I know this was an election year, but it is completely inappropriate for "Principals" to ask who I am voting for (which they did). They claim that they have "no hierarchies" but that is just jargon and its very clear that egos and hierarchy exist; it's just more covert. They gave me a tour of the building, which is beautiful, but there is NO diversity here so I would recommend looking elsewhere if that is something you value. The vibe I got was that this company eats their oats and believes their own hype. They think they're the best...when there is plenty of agencies doing better work without the superficial "open" structure. TRG is dying and needs to modernize before they get left behind.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the election? Who are you voting for?   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Richards Group.

Interview

Interview was set up, met with HR, she explained that they were in the middle of the interview process and they would contact me. Showed me a tour, explained that they were moving. Told me what my position is about

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions in the interview, they were all basic questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

You are asked to fill out a brief questionnaire by recruiter. Once you pass that you are asked to complete an assignment where you present data findings in your format of choice to argue for a clients' case. Once you've passed that stage, you are then interviewed over the phone by your future supervisor. If they like you, you will be asked to be interviewed by various future colleagues in person. Once you pass that you will be interviewed by and negotiate your contract/pay with your future principal.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself in one word?   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Slow, repetitive, disorganized, borderline unprofessional. This company was the first or second job for many senior people there, they are intellectually inbred, political, and rather ignorant of the latest developments in analytics. No one ever returned a call or an email, after three rounds on interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• Have you experience in testing (asked of someone with an advanced degree in statistics and 20yrs of experience?)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Three round interview for an advertising intern position. I met with a hiring person, a young employee, and a more experienced employee. I met with each of these interviewers in three different rooms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in and had 3 separate interviews with 3 people who shared similar positions to mine. I was interviewing as a media intern so I spoke with 3 people who worked in media. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and none of the questions were unique or caught me off guard.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Talked with three different people for around 15 minutes each. Maybe it's because I'm a talkative person but it felt like we were just having a conversation about my resume and my interests. It seemed mostly behavioral to see if I was authentic and a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

4 interviewers...main recruiter was not very welcoming or kind.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter in early spring. Set up a phone interview for two weeks down the road, during which I spoke with multiple associate-level employees in the department I applied for and one director. Very casual, very open to hearing ideas and learning about my background overall. No curveballs. Following the interview, received an acceptance notification about a week later, and it's worth noting that everyone was very warm and friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most innovative creative executions you've seen recently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase since it was for an internship position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview.
    3 Interviews 20 min each. It was very laid back with graduates from my college doing the interview. They asked very basic interview questions such as strengths/ weaknesses and they really wanted to see how well you work with a team.

Interview Questions

• what is an example of good/bad advertising   1 Answer