The Richards Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Richards Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

Paid Social Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I went into the office for my 3rd and last round of interviews--I met with 6 people who came in to see me in pairs. The interview started out well. I spoke about my past social media experiences. When the last 2 people came to speak with me, one person asked me "What did you learn about The Richards Group?" which I thought was strange because usually interviewers ask this sort of question at the BEGINNING, not the end of the interview. It felt like everyone was very egotistic about the working at the company for so long. One person had wandering eyes and did not pay attention when I explained my past experience working for a startup, not an agency. In the end, I did not have a good feeling about the interview. The office felt very old-school and cultish.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Richards Group.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty average, but the feel of the place was very cultish. Everybody I interviewed with spoke about Stan and what he likes, dislikes, etc. It almost seemed like they were brainwashed. The building was amazing, but on my tour I was shown the women's restroom and told that at night you can see into the restroom from I-75. She then proceeding to tell me, "Stan loves bringing guys in here and showing them that they can see the women's restroom from the road". She thought it was funny, but I thought it was creepy. I've read several reviews that said sexism runs rampant here and she pretty much confirmed that with her story. I got the impression that the people were very fake and it's hard to grow in this company. I was even told by one of the interviewers that the company culture is "every man for himself" Overall, it seemed very sterile and creepy.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Short 15-30 minute individual interviews with just about every person on the team. They were all pretty informal, mainly looking to see if you are a culture fit, or if there was a specific skill gap in the team, to make sure you would be able to fill that particular area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with digital projects, if so what types?   1 Answer

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Richards Group in March 2017.

Interview

Not much of an "interview process." I submitted my resume via e-mail then was told I would get a phone call from a recruiter for an "informational call." Assuming it was a pre-screening phone call, I wasn't too nervous. The woman who interviewed me was horrible. She was rude and would tell me when I didn't answer a question correctly. Questioned my skills with Microsoft Excel by quizzing me on specific terms, then told me I shouldn't tell people I'm proficient in something when I'm not.

This was my very first job interview coming out of college and it was absolutely horrible. This interview kept me from pursuing any other job with this company because of her criticism and surprise phone interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview.
    3 Interviews 20 min each. It was very laid back with graduates from my college doing the interview. They asked very basic interview questions such as strengths/ weaknesses and they really wanted to see how well you work with a team.

Interview Questions

• what is an example of good/bad advertising   1 Answer

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group in March 2017.

Interview

There were three back to back interviews via phone - each about 30 minutes long. Each person who talked to me had an interest in hiring me - I ended up being hired for the team I interviewed with (2/3 people I talked to were on that team). Very conversational interview - they really just wanted a feel for my experience and personality.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took the entire day. I met with more than 10 people across the organization, most of which did not have enough experience to perform a meaningful interview. I was disappointed that neither leadership nor HR followed up with me at all afterwards. In my book, very unprofessional behavior on their part.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied online and received a generic confirmation email. After a couple weeks, I got an email from a recruiters asking for additional information. After 2 more weeks I was scheduled for a phone screening with the recruiter. After 2 more weeks I was scheduled for a phone interview with an executive at the company. After 2 more weeks I was invited to an in-person interview at the office. I was interviewed 1 on 1 by multiple executives.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

This interview process was weird. First, the planning of it was completely unorganized. I interviewed with a internal recruiter after applying online. They decided to take me immediately into the group interviews after a principal couldn't do a second phone screen. The whole process took about a month. They have a group interview structure where its done in lightning rounds with two people back to back. I know the lightning round interview framework has become commonplace, but I do not feel that this style is beneficial because I met with too many people and honestly don't even remember the questions they asked or their names because it was 8-12 different people. Is this really necessary? I do remember one question though. Look, I know this was an election year, but it is completely inappropriate for "Principals" to ask who I am voting for (which they did). They claim that they have "no hierarchies" but that is just jargon and its very clear that egos and hierarchy exist; it's just more covert. They gave me a tour of the building, which is beautiful, but there is NO diversity here so I would recommend looking elsewhere if that is something you value. The vibe I got was that this company eats their oats and believes their own hype. They think they're the best...when there is plenty of agencies doing better work without the superficial "open" structure. TRG is dying and needs to modernize before they get left behind.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the election? Who are you voting for?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Talked with three different people for around 15 minutes each. Maybe it's because I'm a talkative person but it felt like we were just having a conversation about my resume and my interests. It seemed mostly behavioral to see if I was authentic and a good fit.