The Richards Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Richards Group Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Short 15-30 minute individual interviews with just about every person on the team. They were all pretty informal, mainly looking to see if you are a culture fit, or if there was a specific skill gap in the team, to make sure you would be able to fill that particular area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with digital projects, if so what types?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview.
    3 Interviews 20 min each. It was very laid back with graduates from my college doing the interview. They asked very basic interview questions such as strengths/ weaknesses and they really wanted to see how well you work with a team.

Interview Questions

• what is an example of good/bad advertising   1 Answer

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group in March 2017.

Interview

There were three back to back interviews via phone - each about 30 minutes long. Each person who talked to me had an interest in hiring me - I ended up being hired for the team I interviewed with (2/3 people I talked to were on that team). Very conversational interview - they really just wanted a feel for my experience and personality.

Brand Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and the recruiter contacted me. It's an internal recruiter, they don't have HR. Set up back to back interviews over two hours with 3 sets of two people. Basically, they all asked the same questions. They'll give you a tour of the office, then one last round of interviews. They could really do it with just two people. The office is very large and very minimalist in gray colors with glass walls spread over several floors. They have a gym and break room but they were empty. I was also told that it's a strict 8:30-5:30 plus, no flex-time or work from home. You must be in the office.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job? Why did you leave (any of the companies on your resume). Pretty much everyone asked the same things.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied online and received a generic confirmation email. After a couple weeks, I got an email from a recruiters asking for additional information. After 2 more weeks I was scheduled for a phone screening with the recruiter. After 2 more weeks I was scheduled for a phone interview with an executive at the company. After 2 more weeks I was invited to an in-person interview at the office. I was interviewed 1 on 1 by multiple executives.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

This interview process was weird. First, the planning of it was completely unorganized. I interviewed with a internal recruiter after applying online. They decided to take me immediately into the group interviews after a principal couldn't do a second phone screen. The whole process took about a month. They have a group interview structure where its done in lightning rounds with two people back to back. I know the lightning round interview framework has become commonplace, but I do not feel that this style is beneficial because I met with too many people and honestly don't even remember the questions they asked or their names because it was 8-12 different people. Is this really necessary? I do remember one question though. Look, I know this was an election year, but it is completely inappropriate for "Principals" to ask who I am voting for (which they did). They claim that they have "no hierarchies" but that is just jargon and its very clear that egos and hierarchy exist; it's just more covert. They gave me a tour of the building, which is beautiful, but there is NO diversity here so I would recommend looking elsewhere if that is something you value. The vibe I got was that this company eats their oats and believes their own hype. They think they're the best...when there is plenty of agencies doing better work without the superficial "open" structure. TRG is dying and needs to modernize before they get left behind.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the election? Who are you voting for?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Talked with three different people for around 15 minutes each. Maybe it's because I'm a talkative person but it felt like we were just having a conversation about my resume and my interests. It seemed mostly behavioral to see if I was authentic and a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

2 hour interview, I spoke with a recruiter and 3 planners. They asked very in depth answers and were looking for in depth answers. I had 3 phone interviews before getting called in for the in-person interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming and the building is beautiful. Not sure if I would have gotten an offer if I would have waited, but I had to take another offer because it had a deadline and Richard's told me that they weren't able to hire anyone until later on in the month. They have a very structured approach that they have to stick to.

Brand Planning Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group in August 2016.

Interview

I followed up with a recruiter, and was instantly scheduled for an interview. The interview lasted about 30-40 min. I was asked the normal interview questions (tell me about yourself, why X discipline, why is this the place for you, etc). After a week, I then had 3 back-to-back phone interviews set up, and once those were completed, I had two more. Two days later, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, where you went to school and why is brand planning for you?   Answer Question
    • What originally sparked your curiosity?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in The Richards Group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Richards Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was intensive. First, I went for a series of 30-minute interviews with about 6 different people. Then, I had a series of phone interviews with people from the team I would join. After my last phone interview, it was only a few days before I received a formal offer.