The Scarborough Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Scarborough Hospital

2.6

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in December 2018.

Interview

I got a call from the HR. They set up interview day. I went to the interview and was interviewed by two managers. After interview, I got a phone call after 1-2 weeks from the HR.

Interview Questions

• My past work experience working with clients in the hospital; how I deal with conflict with the coworkers/boss   1 Answer

Dietary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call but was out of the country. Returned the call and thankfully, position was still available. Spoke with HR and set up interview with the manager.
    It was very easy behavioural and safety questions. Decision took 30days and I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

this was a group interview and asked about your previous experience regarding accounting and analysis.
    3 - 4 interviewers and only one interview...it took more than 1 hour to finish and afterward there was a small skill test.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital.

Interview

I was put in a room to wait for my interview. The interviewers were over half an hour late. Someone came to check on me once to make sure I was still there, waiting. The interview process was okay overall. I felt there was lack of energy during the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were similar to other companies for the most part.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Easy, quick, get a tour of the department. They really hope you say yes because no one sticks around. Interview is conducted by the manager, educator and HR representative. Everyone is super friendly

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient tells you he has chest pain?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One in-person interview, follow up call for references.
    Interviewed by Patient Care Manager and someone else (forget their position).
    They were friendly and I felt comfortable during my interview. Showed me around the unit at the end of the interview (not something all interviewers will do depending on the location of the interview) , this was nice because you can see the patient rooms and how calm/stressed the staff are on the unit which is important in deciding if you want to work in that environment.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of:
      Team care you were a part of
      Exceptional care you provided
      Stressful patient emergency you had to deal with

Other:
      Colleague not practicing in an appropriate manner, what do you do (e.g. false documentation)

Unit Specific: think of unit specific emergencies you may encounter, signs of readiness for discharge, focused pt assessments for unit, death (actions for patient and for family)   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online first then waited to see if I got to the next step. I received an email with instructions to arrange an interview and confirm appointment with HR. I was then interviewed by a panel of three people.

Interview Questions

• What technique do you use to communicate with different types of people that you work with in a group?   1 Answer

Finance Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

One HR and two finance managers, the interview questions are more likely the behaviour type and aim to test your personality and if you can fit in the team. I did the interview one-to-one, but it may be group interview by some chance.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with conflict with others? give me a example   Answer Question

Program Evaluation and Performance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

They sent out a database in Excel file and asked to prepare a presentation. The tasks for the assignment were deliberately misswritten to confuse you. Overall would not recommend to apply for this employer specially the diversity department. Complete waste of time fake interview!

Interview Questions

• Formally asked about experience the interview was mostly the presentation.   1 Answer

Health Equity Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Scarborough Hospital (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Very Informal process with little intervention of HR.
    The person who was going to be managing the opened position sent an interview invite email less than 24 hours before the scheduled interview. The email was shortly followed by a phone call asking to confirm and prepare a PowerPoint presentation if I decided to participate.

Interview Questions

• What mechanisms would the you use to redirect patient traffic to an information resource centre?   1 Answer