The School District of Escambia County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at The School District of Escambia County

School Technology Coordinator IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The School District of Escambia County (Pensacola, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very good interview process at a high school, terrible interview process at a middle school. You are hired by the local administrators who have very little knowledge of tech needs but are making all of the decisions regarding hiring and funding for some of these positions that are non-instructional.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about teaching? (I was not hired to teach, I was hired to coordinate hardware repairs of school technology)   1 Answer

School Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The School District of Escambia County (Pensacola, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with a panel, consisting of the supervisor and a few school psychologists and speech pathologists. They asked questions regarding my background, my experiences, my preferences for ages of children, what test instruments I had experience with, how I handled case loads/time management, interpersonal skills and dealing with different personalities on the job, and about working as a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with the RTI process?   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The School District of Escambia County (Pensacola, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

It was very professional and easy to go through. The interview process was invaluable to my success as food service worker at the Escambia County School Board. The interview process was not intimidating at all.

Finance Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The School District of Escambia County (Pensacola, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Not professional at all. Will only hire UWF graduates with Bachelor degree in any subject EXCEPT Business and Accounting. Will not hire someone with previous work experience!!! Avoid the school district until major changes are made.

Interview Questions

• Years of professional work experience   1 Answer

Teacher of Elementary Students Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The School District of Escambia County (Pensacola, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview for me was one that was performance based. I had previously interned with the school. The Principal already knew my work ethic. I had been observed weekly. I was called in and given the pay scale for a beginning teacher. I was instructed on the insurance and retirement for all employees. The hiring at this level was personal, but the treatment as far as an employee for the county was extremely impersonal. The pay was low, but at that time, my excitement for the job was very high. The burnout rate for this job was almost immediate.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to bring to this school that is different?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations as the county set all pay scales.