The School District of Lee County, Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at The School District of Lee County, Florida

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

They ask you what would you do in various scenarios and gauge you upon that. They basically want to know you can remain calm and handle the situation with knowledge and tact. It is a little bit intimidating to be questioned in front of a group of people but if you know what you're talking about I think anyone would be just fine. The main thing you want to stress is safety and supervision. then getting kids emotionally ready and then moving on to academics.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a parent who asks why their child was bitten.   1 Answer

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida (Sanford, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was relaxed, on school level with principal. The principal pulls the resumes from the data base. Duties were outlined and discussed as to what would be required. Office support is mandated to obtain your CDL as you will be required to drive a school bus if needed. A background check is also required along with a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to obtain my CDL to drive a school bus.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic questions asking about skills in customer service and basic technical questions. Main interviewer was very relaxed and is looking for peoeple with a very basic skill set to train and prepare for a larger job.

Interview Questions

• Highest Number in an Ip address set along with other basic technical questions regarding computers, networking, and sales.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

There is usually a panel of 3. The District has come up with a list of approximately 25 questions. The panel chooses 3 questions and then a 4th "optional" question. An example of the optional question might be "if you were a color, what color would you be and why.?"

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida (Cape Coral, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a Director who is now retired. It was in his office. We met a few times as I "tested" out the job with the retiring instructor. He was helpful in easing me into the position. I found out later he was retiring and probably just wanted the slot filled.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all technical, related to the subject matter I would be teaching, and about teaching experience.   1 Answer

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I met with several principals at the Job Fair held at the main district office and was contacted by several to follow up. The interview was very easy and pleasant. The need for SLPs is great and if you have good references, no criminal history and a good resume, you are needed desperately.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work with teachers and different skill levels of students.   Answer Question

School District of Lee Co Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida in March 2014.

Interview

It was a good interview. The first interview, I met with the 4 people. Their questions were all kind of personality based. It was pleasant. The second interview was scenario based, were they had 3 work orders I need to diagnose, fix and then document. One was to ghost a system, another was to set up a computer system to the network including a network printer, another was to upgrade acrobat reader to the latest version and they had to be done within an hour. I did all except connect the network printer. They said I did well however I did not get the job.

Guest Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida.

Interview

You gather recommendation letter from a principal you have worked for, or a previous employer. They also look at resume and the amount of credits you have received from college as 60 credits are required.

Bus Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The School District of Lee County, Florida.

Interview

Easy interview questions mainly asking if you can work around kids, are a responsible driver, can work independently, etc. Go to unpaid school/training for about 3 weeks. 7 hrs a day M-F. Pass a written classroom exam, DMV exams and road test conducted by the school district. Once completed need to pass a physical and you are in.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working or driving with passengers/kids?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Starting salaries are determine by school board. Period.