The Shape of Behavior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Shape of Behavior

2.6

ABA Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received email response from Human Resources and scheduled an online Skype interview. Second step was meet with clinic manager and interviewed with them. Received offer letter via email from Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications for the position.   1 Answer

ABA Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Numerous questions regarding working in teams groups and with other individuals. The questions are pretty straightforward, they just want to gauge how you answer them. They look for the different qualities in the individual and want to hear you out. They conducted a phone interview and then asked me to send in a diploma. After that they asked me to come in for a personal interview and that where i was notified that i would be hired or not.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with groups and peers?   1 Answer

The Shape of Behavior Response

Jun 13, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Welcome to The Shape of Behavior. We are glad you have joined our team of staff dedicated to excellence in behavior analysis.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior (Houston, TX).

Interview

They have you sumbit 3 letters of recommendation. Your degree, resume, application, CPR and first aide certification, and academic transcript. It took a few weeks to get hired on. You do a drug test the first day you work, and they do random drug test every month.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle children having tantrums?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior (Harlingen, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

it was good. Whom I had talked to during my interview was very friendly and simple with the questions. Also answered all the questions without second thinking it. She helped me with fulfilling me with the knowledge and the background of the job.

Interview Questions

• have you ever work with autistic kids before?   2 Answers

Behavior Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior in May 2016.

Interview

I had a preliminary interview over skype. I then had a second interview over skype with their headquarters in Texas. I now have a third interview scheduled for a site interview at the center in Greenville.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this situation.......many examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone calls and missed emails. HR missed placed my paperwork, delayed my interview and the "hiring process" which shoved me into the next training group. It was very unorganized. She even lied to my Manager saying she sent me an email but didn't. Meeting with my manager was nice and I like her a lot which is why I decided to keep going with the process. If it wasn't for her, I would've told them to forget it. HR doesn't seem like she has it together but luckily once your hired, you never hear or see her again.

Interview Questions

• "Why do I want to work for shape of behavior?". Honestly after all the confusion and misplaced paperwork, having to redo everything, I didn't know why I wanted to work there anymore. But I needed a job so I did my best.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you take it or don't work there. And you won't get but a 1% raise which is .03 cents during your annual. They do not explain this to you when you're hired. They decide to explain everything AFTER you've worked there and completed your 60 day training. By then, it's too late!

Direct Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior.

Interview

They call you fairly quick due to the fact they have a big turn around. You interview with a site manager. She will put on a show of being friendly, and helpful. So just feed into it and you have the job.
    The questions are simple and generic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know your worth and shoot high. Shoot high now or you will forever be stuck at a low wage.

Application

Interview

I did a google search for Autism services and came across the Shape of Behavior. I submitted an online application and received an email asking if I was still interested in working there. I replied to the email then received a phone call from HR asking if I would like an interview. I accepted, then scheduled an interview. I went in for the interview and answered standard questions in a 1:1 setting. It went very well and after a week or so, I was given an offer once my background check was completed. I had a drug test on the first day of training. After I passes the drug test, I was good to go.

Direct Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Monday night and heard back the next day, The next week I had an interview over the phone. Granted I was a few hours from where I applied. They were very accommodating, because I applied a whole month before i moved to the area. The day I signed the paperwork I had a drug test and haven't had one since I applied six months ago.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses, what can you do for the company, and what is something you have overcome in your life and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Shape of Behavior (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Both interviews went well. The first interview was over facetime which I was nervous but it went good and the 2nd interview process which was in person, was good as well. For both interviews I felt comfortable enough to answer the questions that were being presented to me. During the 2nd interview at the actual clinic is where I learned more about the company and what to expect as a Direct Therapist. They incorporate programs in 1:1 settings and also natural environment interaction so that the children can develop social skills, its sounds like play therapy to me. The interview was very informative and the manager made me feel as though it was a great environment to be in if I wanted the experience in the field of ABA. I look forward to continuing my career with the company, plus everyone that I met seemed to be very nice.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about The Shape of Behavior?
      Have you ever worked with children with Autism?
      If so, what are the age ranges?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I choose not to share that information.