The Sidebar Assistant Sous Chef Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Sidebar

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Assistant Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Sidebar (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2008.

Interview

I was hired from a prestigious restaurant to fix the issues and problems at their other restaurant which is a downtown eatery for the office type and a place for them to come in the evenings to relax and enjoy themselves.
The actual owner, never saw me.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any type of questions except one: "Can you do the job"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I can start you at....and once I see you can do what I need, then and only then will I give you that raise. I literally felt as if I was being sized up because I am not Caucasian nor am I African American, and to top it off, I am a female. I was being looked at like I could be run over easily by anyone. Once hired my first check was incorrect and I pointed it out to the manager. I was talk to like a piece of crap. "What makes you so special? Why do you think you should get that type of pay here? No one get that type of pay and no one ever has working here"! My response was: :Because I have the experience and can do my job very well, and just because no one else has received that type of pay doesn't mean I should receive less".