The Source Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Source Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Source (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview with Store Manager. Went to the store, sat down with the manager where they told me about the role and then asked questions. At the end I was thanked and was told I would hear back from them within 48 hours, which I did. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and the onbaording experience was easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your past experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a passion or a hobby you like and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked through a conflict with a peer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Source in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a response the next day. The next step was a video interview (where they gave me 45 seconds to read a question and then 1 minute to answer it). There were four questions. That's as far as I've gotten (just finished the interview a few minute ago).

It wasn't the worst but definitely out of my comfort zone! Definitely recommend practicing by recording yourself if you aren't used to these sort of reviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at The Source   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you think are important characteristics of a sales associate   Answer Question
    • Tell us 3 conversation starters you could use when approaching a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your last big electronic purchase, the steps you took, and what things you considered   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Source (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied online, got a link to a video interview about 2 days later, you have to download an app, then you get asked a question for a minute and you have about 45 seconds to answer, then i got called for a group interview (note i'm still in the middle of the hiring process)

Interview Questions

• name 3 qualities you think a sales associate should have?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Source (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

3 step interview system:

1) Video Interview
    2) Phone Interview
    3) Interview with Management

The questions were retail oriented. Make sure to check your email & check your voicemail when applying to The Source.

Overall I had a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, found the compensation to be fair.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Source (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview, which was very awkward and impersonal. It's a website that records your answers, so you're not even talking to anyone in particular. It makes you feel as if they don't even care to spend time interviewing you themselves. They give you I think thirty seconds to read the question and prepare your answer, then two minutes to record your answer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Source (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for sales associate position in response to an online posting. Got an email next day with a link to an online interview, to be taken within 48 hours of receiving the email. Interview consisted of 5 questions and responses would be recorded for later review. There is no live person on the other end and video responses are saved for later review by HR and management team. Each question is presented as text on screen and you are given 30 seconds to prepare for each answer, followed by a period of 1 or 2 minutes for your answer to be recorded as you speak. It took me about 2 questions to get used to the process before I was able to answer in a comfortable flow. The interview format was not that bad, but it was something very new to me and took a while to get used to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at the Source.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you received negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you received bad customer service and what would you have done to fix it.   Answer Question
    • Why would you be suitable for a Sales Associate position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Source.

Interview

Easy interview, all sales related questions, selling cellphones and home/cable internet services, knowledge about electronics, How would you deal with a difficult customer? , Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work at The Source

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Source in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through indeed and days later I was contacted by phone, we had a short 10 minute phone interview and I was invited for an in person interview just days after, I was told that I would be emailed as to where my interview would take place but was not emailed, I went into the store to ask where my interview was held and they had no idea so I contacted the phone number that had contacted me for my phone interview and was told (in a very condescending tone) "I sent it to your indeed email, as you did not provide your actual email on your indeed resume" which I found very odd considering I have had other managers send me emails after they have seen my indeed resume. I was escorted into a basement office and then asked questions that had absolutely nothing to do with the position I had applied for, such as "when setting people up for appointments to have their Internet set up what price would you charge them" which again I found very odd seeing as how they do not offer Internet set up, I was also asked to sell them a knife, over all the experience was very weird and I would not recommend applying. After my interview I was told that I would not be considered for this job as I was not the right fit for what they were looking for, I shook their hands and left but then got a call e hours later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

The interview was an absolute nightmare. From the start I was blamed for having a wrong email, and asked questions that had nothing to do with the role I applied for and after talking to previous employees as to why they left I decided that this job wasn't the place for me.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Source (Regina, SK (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Worst interview ever. I went in a room which had 30 candidates in there. There were 2 rounds.
    1 Round - Ask the person next to you 3 questions- his/her bad travelling experience, favourite super power and favourite animal and you are not allowed to write these, apparently they want to see how good your memory is :D
    2 Round - We went to another room which had duct tape on the floor and had boxed, you were supposed to step in one box at a time and there was a pattern which only the interviewee knew ( which even she couldn't remember I can tell) she will tell you if that was a wrong step or right step.

Overall dumbest interview ever I went too, took them literally 3 hours for this. I was on my 1 hour lunch break for this ridiculous thing.
    Next day got an email that you were not selected, I don't know if I went for source interview or a TV show.
    Good thing I didn't get select as I got a offer from Best Buy which is way far better company than this dumb Source.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Source.

Interview

Thanks again for all your help and support you in the morning and I am a very good at it and it is a good day I was hoping to get the same as the first time I was hoping to get the same as the first time I was hoping to get the same way about it tonight for the first one to go with it as soon to get some good ones are the.