The Source Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Source Interview Questions

Interviews at The Source

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Source (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

odd online prescreen with you recording video responses of your self after a brief opportunity to read questions. then a phone interview with someone from HR (only pleasant and seemingly trusting part) the interview with store manager and district manager. on the phone was told compensation was between 30-35k (+sales bounces & benefits) depending on the location in the final interview was told: "as this is one of the busier locations, you're looking at 28-32k". the focus of the interview was on sell, sell, sell, can you make sales can you push others to sell, make sales happen now. they seemed to have to very little care for customers or employees as long as they got a sign up for some bell service.

in short, they want to be a hard selling Bell store, when many of there locations are next to one, yet they don't dedicate space to it and basically get employees to harass customers to sign up for bell services to keep their jobs.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Source (Brandon, MB (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took 5 days to process and I had an interview with store manager and then with district manager they asked me behaviour questions or open ended questions which were really simple and easy

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Applied for the position and got a link to a video interview. Clicked on the link and signed up to this video interview website. Did the training and started the interview. After the first question my screen went to the uploading phase of question 1 and I closed the window. Why would i want to work for a company who wants to ask me questions over a video interview. I can understand a live interview via Skype but this was just ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• why are you the right person for this position   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Source (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview and In-Person Interview
    Phone interview 30 min call
    what will be my role for the position?
    How will you manage the employees?
    General questions asked
    In person
    30 day management plan
    what will you do?

Interview Questions

• What is your plan for the first month when you will be a store manager?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Source.

Interview

Harassment is what you get, the company management he said he was district director for SK and AB. He was thinking that he knows everything in this world. He was not ready to listen anything. They say allot about the company but I came to know about the company layer. They lie allot when it comes to Comissions. They do allot of discrimination in salaries.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Source.

Interview

I actually received an email from someone at head office stating they were looking for a Store Manager in our town. He had found my resume on Indeed and was interested in talking to me. He proceeded to do the interview right on the spot although I will admit I was not prepared. Even so this gentleman was very nice, have me excellent pointers and even if I don't get/take the position I wanted to commend The Source for such great people! I do have a second interview with the DM in a week or so. We'll see how that goes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that has just entered your store?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Source (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview at a local store. After getting a little too technical with my sales technique I was recommended to a store in a lower traffic area as it would be a better fit for me they said, and upon being interviewed in said location I was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Questions

• The main question they ask is to sell them a phone. It might be yours, it might be theirs, or otherwise, since that is the main part of business at The Source.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Source (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on November 12th and they got back to me on November 16th requesting a skype interview. The Recruiter stated in the email that she was impressed with my resume. The interview was very easy. Make sure that you practice questions before the interview in order to give them clear, concise responses. Being enthusiastic and outgoing is a must! The job was contract and would be finished on December 31st. NOTE: THEY HAVENT CONTACTED ME YET!! CANNOT LEAVE THE OFFER AREA BLANK

Interview Questions

• What recent technology trend interests you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at the source?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to tackle a problem which involved performing multiple steps at a previous job.   1 Answer
    • When are you available?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where a customer was rude to you and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Source in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview about a week later, went in and got a call two days after that saying I got the job. I was given a ~30 page booklet about the company and its rules and such, only negative part of the hiring process is that I wasn't told which location I was working at until my sister found out (as she worked at the mall food court).

Interview Questions

• Do you have a cell phone, can you sell me a cell phone.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Source (Regina, SK (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Worst interview ever. I went in a room which had 30 candidates in there. There were 2 rounds.
    1 Round - Ask the person next to you 3 questions- his/her bad travelling experience, favourite super power and favourite animal and you are not allowed to write these, apparently they want to see how good your memory is :D
    2 Round - We went to another room which had duct tape on the floor and had boxed, you were supposed to step in one box at a time and there was a pattern which only the interviewee knew ( which even she couldn't remember I can tell) she will tell you if that was a wrong step or right step.

Overall dumbest interview ever I went too, took them literally 3 hours for this. I was on my 1 hour lunch break for this ridiculous thing.
    Next day got an email that you were not selected, I don't know if I went for source interview or a TV show.
    Good thing I didn't get select as I got a offer from Best Buy which is way far better company than this dumb Source.