The Source Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Source Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Source in October 2017.

Interview

The setting for the group interview was nice, it was held in a meeting room with 7-9 candidates. an HR specialist and a store manager came in as interviewers. The interview was roughly 2.5 hours long with a 15 minute break. Lots of situational and behavioural prompts and group activities resembling ones in a team building exercise.

Co-Op Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Source (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I got the first round video interview where I had to sit in front of my laptop and answer 3 questions. It was really quick and I was done within 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at The Source   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Source (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

odd online prescreen with you recording video responses of your self after a brief opportunity to read questions. then a phone interview with someone from HR (only pleasant and seemingly trusting part) the interview with store manager and district manager. on the phone was told compensation was between 30-35k (+sales bounces & benefits) depending on the location in the final interview was told: "as this is one of the busier locations, you're looking at 28-32k". the focus of the interview was on sell, sell, sell, can you make sales can you push others to sell, make sales happen now. they seemed to have to very little care for customers or employees as long as they got a sign up for some bell service.

in short, they want to be a hard selling Bell store, when many of there locations are next to one, yet they don't dedicate space to it and basically get employees to harass customers to sign up for bell services to keep their jobs.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Source (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview and In-Person Interview
    Phone interview 30 min call
    what will be my role for the position?
    How will you manage the employees?
    General questions asked
    In person
    30 day management plan
    what will you do?

Interview Questions

• What is your plan for the first month when you will be a store manager?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Source in August 2017.

Interview

Started with a one way video interview then got interviewed two more times (group and one and one). The video interview felt super weird since you're basically talking to yourself while being recorded. Group and one on one were pretty standard. Positive experience all around.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. Wasn't expecting to be asked my last major electronic purchase though.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Source in August 2017.

Interview

Firstly got a email regarding a video interview, has to finish within 48 hours. asked few questions . Personally feel so weired you have to speak in front of computer and not enough time to think about.
    After the video, haven't hear anything from them, guess not passed.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Source (London, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online which was met by an email with a link to a video interview. I can't remember the questions but I know they are posted on here. I got a group interview that had about 14 other people in it, 4 people were interviewing us. After about an 2 and a half hour group interview they do one on one interviews which are about 2 seconds. I must stress this however, do not bother applying if you are under 20 years old as they will not hire you. Everyone at the interview is either 25+ or has graduated college/university. They will not give you a job if you are not in university. I have heard from other people under 22 years old that they try very hard not to hire younger people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Source (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Online interview was given they asked 4 questions 1 and a half min each they also gave you 45 second prep time practice question if needed fairly basic questions asked

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Source (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview with Store Manager. Went to the store, sat down with the manager where they told me about the role and then asked questions. At the end I was thanked and was told I would hear back from them within 48 hours, which I did. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and the onbaording experience was easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your past experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a passion or a hobby you like and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked through a conflict with a peer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Source in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a response the next day. The next step was a video interview (where they gave me 45 seconds to read a question and then 1 minute to answer it). There were four questions. That's as far as I've gotten (just finished the interview a few minute ago).

It wasn't the worst but definitely out of my comfort zone! Definitely recommend practicing by recording yourself if you aren't used to these sort of reviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to work at The Source   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you think are important characteristics of a sales associate   Answer Question
    • Tell us 3 conversation starters you could use when approaching a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your last big electronic purchase, the steps you took, and what things you considered   Answer Question