The Standard Disability Benefits Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Standard Disability Benefits Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

They sometimes take forever to get to the first email to set up a phone interview. Then if you do good on the phone interview they usually tell you that they are moving you forward to an in person interview

Interview Questions

• They ask you all basic behavioral questions like how do you handle a situation in which you and a coworker are not getting along   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Standard

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. In-Person Interview
    3. A phone call a week later I was told I did not get the job.
    They do use the behavior based interview questions, so next time I would prepare more with those sorts of questions. In general the process was corporate and easy.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a specific situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview with HR mainly about resume and background. Then one month later an in person panel interview with general interview questions. Then a final interview and offer. The people interviewing were a mix between managerial staff and analysts. they all seemed largely uninterested in being there.

pay

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

First was a phone interview then an online assessment and lastly a panel interview. The phone interview was with an outside company. If you pass they send an online assessment based on math and writing. It wasn't super difficult but it is timed. The panel interview is with three managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked all behavior questions focused on customer service and team work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR person. This was basically a standard who are you type interview with some specific behavior-type questions thrown in. The HR recruiter was very nice and even coached me a bit in what the hiring managers were looking for. Then I was called back and set up an interview with the two managers that were hiring for that position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all straightforward and expected based on my background and experience. They do employ the bevavioral interview process so they are looking for specific examples in your past rather than how you think you would perform.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, interviewed on a Wednesday, started the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Telephone screen by HR followed by an interview with 2 people, one who will be the hiring manager. Interviews take about an hour and include behavioral based questions. For the analyst position, depending on the talent pool, it is helpful to have prior claims experience. If not, a skill set that matches the position is helpful. Multiple attorneys have been hired into the position as a result of the need to understand the constantly changing landscape of claims and litigation.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to escalate a situation. What was the situation, what did you do, how did you decide to escalate it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations