The Standard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Call Center Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional! Strung me along for months for two different positions. When you first apply, they'll set up a phone interview a couple days later, but a long waiting period for the in-person interview. When the in-person came, interviewers seemed uninterested/going-thru-the-motions but made it seem as if you're going to be a shoe-in. Still haven't got official word about the latest position I went for, even though the recruiter said she'll get back to me.

Awful communicators!

Executive Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Standard in April 2017.

Interview

Received e-mail from recruiter to set up interview. Interview was very awkward with the recruiter leaving large gaps after I spoke. Recruiter was not friendly or easy to deal with.

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have experience in insurance   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

The 1st phone interview with a HR: just explaining about what position they have and asking what experiences and skills I have
    The 2nd phone interview with a hiring manger: mostly behavioral questions and the questions about the previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you explained technical things to non-technical people?   Answer Question

Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Standard (West Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

External recruiter facilitated the process. Since the job was remote-capable, it was just a call with the actual direct interviewer.

It didn't take much digging to find out that this was (like so many others right now) just a newly authorized security organization with a big budget. They want to find the best and maybe they will through location arbitrage (remote workers), but the competition is fierce and the statistics all too real. The interviewer failed my micro-management question and liked name dropping, which I don't like. I was definitely initially really interested, but after thinking critically about the interview, it all left the job role sour for me as well.

Total number of technical questions asked during the Interview: 1 (one) and it's listed below

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you would see in a network traffic capture of an end-to-end connection when opening a web browser and connecting to The Google.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process starts with a screener that works with you to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once that happens then you have your pone interview.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Had to go through 4 separate rounds of interviews. By the end of it I had interviewed with 6 different people (including the recruiter). Questions were insanely difficult in and of themselves not to mention trying to answer them in the required format they wanted. They are the behavioral based questions, but trust and believe they are not the typical or "common" ones you will find on google. I'm a relatively educated and well spoken person, and I really struggled to answer their questions appropriately. Hands down the most difficult interview I've had so far. I prepared for hours, and yet I was incredibly unprepared. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data and logic to present information in order to persuade an individual on a difficult subject?

(Keep in mind you cannot just answer the question the way it comes to you, you have to answer using their 5-point format)
      Answer Question

Benefits Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

This company boots about how they are all about the community and helping it's customers. Well this company is a big joke. They make you jump through hoops to get an in person interview. You get all dressed up because it states business professional and the interviewer is in business casual dress wear. Then it states to bring 2 copies of your resume and the interviewer never even asked for it. Then they say you need to make sure your contact information formation is correct because we will be calling you with a job offer. Well, you sit around and wait and wait. The finally you get an email stating you are now no longer being considered for the position.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position in Portland, Oregon. I received a thirty minute phone interview with HR about a month later. A week later I had a second phone interview that lasted about forty-five minutes with three actuaries at the company.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, then a short phone interview with the hiring director. The next stage was a series of three separate interview with peers, business stakeholders and members of the team.

Data Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

A couple minutes into the phone interview (with in-house recruiter), it was obvious I wasn't the right candidate for the position. However, the recruiter knew of a similar position in a different department that would be a good fit. The recruiter said she would send my info to her colleague, and that turned into another interview a few days later. Overall a pretty positive experience, in spite of not being the right job for me.