The Standard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview that never happened. I was selected to do a phone interview with the Standard's Sr Talent Acquisition Partner. After scheduling a time slot I received an email confirming my interview. The interview never happened. I kept my schedule open for an additional 45 minutes after the interview time slot but never received a call. I emailed the interviewer to see if anything had come up but have received no response.

Interview Questions

• What is a good time to talk with you about this position?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

On campus interview. Two interviewers are both very nice. Basically they just went through the resume and asked some behavioral questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. They were taking notes while interviewing me.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Their recruiter set up a phone screen, and then stood me up. He later contacted me, without apologizing, and asked to reschedule on the weekend. I already had plans, but told him I could do it any time the next week. He never responded. Very unprofessional.

Call Center Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional! Strung me along for months for two different positions. When you first apply, they'll set up a phone interview a couple days later, but a long waiting period for the in-person interview. When the in-person came, interviewers seemed uninterested/going-thru-the-motions but made it seem as if you're going to be a shoe-in. Still haven't got official word about the latest position I went for, even though the recruiter said she'll get back to me.

Awful communicators!

Executive Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Standard in April 2017.

Interview

Received e-mail from recruiter to set up interview. Interview was very awkward with the recruiter leaving large gaps after I spoke. Recruiter was not friendly or easy to deal with.

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have experience in insurance   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

The 1st phone interview with a HR: just explaining about what position they have and asking what experiences and skills I have
    The 2nd phone interview with a hiring manger: mostly behavioral questions and the questions about the previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you explained technical things to non-technical people?   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process starts with a screener that works with you to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once that happens then you have your pone interview.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Had to go through 4 separate rounds of interviews. By the end of it I had interviewed with 6 different people (including the recruiter). Questions were insanely difficult in and of themselves not to mention trying to answer them in the required format they wanted. They are the behavioral based questions, but trust and believe they are not the typical or "common" ones you will find on google. I'm a relatively educated and well spoken person, and I really struggled to answer their questions appropriately. Hands down the most difficult interview I've had so far. I prepared for hours, and yet I was incredibly unprepared. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data and logic to present information in order to persuade an individual on a difficult subject?

(Keep in mind you cannot just answer the question the way it comes to you, you have to answer using their 5-point format)   Answer Question

Benefits Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

This company boots about how they are all about the community and helping it's customers. Well this company is a big joke. They make you jump through hoops to get an in person interview. You get all dressed up because it states business professional and the interviewer is in business casual dress wear. Then it states to bring 2 copies of your resume and the interviewer never even asked for it. Then they say you need to make sure your contact information formation is correct because we will be calling you with a job offer. Well, you sit around and wait and wait. The finally you get an email stating you are now no longer being considered for the position.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position in Portland, Oregon. I received a thirty minute phone interview with HR about a month later. A week later I had a second phone interview that lasted about forty-five minutes with three actuaries at the company.