The Standard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Standard Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

Disability Benefits Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

phone interview asking to discuss resume, why I choose them, questions meant to demonstrate skill transfer, salary question, team work question

Contracts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Straightforward, easy process. Phone Interview, then an in person interview with team lead and the higher up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you improved the morale of others on your team   Answer Question

Rating Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview then a panel interview with two hiring managers. Managers were friendly but stuck to the boiler plate questions. Not very original or personable. When they offer the position they state that they have no room to negotiate earnings, but if you have any hope of maintaining an industry standard wage, you will need to negotiate up front, because you will not get it afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you could not meet a customer's expectations and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview with HR mainly about resume and background. Then one month later an in person panel interview with general interview questions. Then a final interview and offer. The people interviewing were a mix between managerial staff and analysts. they all seemed largely uninterested in being there.

pay

Accounting Specialist Interview

Interview

filled out online application and submitted resume, received an email four days later to schedule a phone interview which took about twenty minutes and was told I would hear from them on the next step in two to two and a half weeks. It has been about a week, haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you proposed change and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR).

Interview

Pretty short. Easy questions. Got the standard answer "What I love most about working here is the people."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast, easy!

LTD Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Phone interview, robotic lady, awkward silence, worst phone interviewer I ever had in my life, HR person sounds like she was 15 years old.Never sent an application to this company again, based on this interview I started wondering about the company culture and is hard to believe anybody can be a fit to this place

Solution Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

First interview with hiring manager, then with the IT manager. Hiring manager asked me about my backgrounds, team based projects, my interests, etc. Then I had interview with the IT manger, mostly described me a situation and asked me how I will handle that. Tried understanding my problem solving ability and how I will deal with learning new stuff and give a good delivery. Then I was interviewed with another developer and HR personal. Finally I had to do another interview with a the IT manager to break up a tie with other interviewee for the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you use your previous learning experience to learn new stuff ? Give me a example that best describes the scenario.   Answer Question

Rating Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in September 2010.

Interview

I worked for the Standard as a student consultant and then an intern. At the end of my internship, I interviewed for the current role that I occupy. The interview was about 10 questions, all behavioral based. You can get entire lists of commons BI questions on the internet, use this and follow the STAR format in responding to questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the conflict and provided a positive customer service experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time of the interview the economy was tumultuous to say the least and I took the path of least resistance. There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Disability Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an HR person. This was basically a standard who are you type interview with some specific behavior-type questions thrown in. The HR recruiter was very nice and even coached me a bit in what the hiring managers were looking for. Then I was called back and set up an interview with the two managers that were hiring for that position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all straightforward and expected based on my background and experience. They do employ the bevavioral interview process so they are looking for specific examples in your past rather than how you think you would perform.   Answer Question