The Standard Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.1

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Took several months. Had a phone interview, common interview questions, followed by sending work samples. Then brought in for in person interview. I was there for 5 hours and met with 7 different people.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for the Standard?   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, then a short phone interview with the hiring director. The next stage was a series of three separate interview with peers, business stakeholders and members of the team.

Customer Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Was approached after previously being recruited for a position that did not work out. After a review with the recruiter, I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager and his right hand team member about technical skills. Was brought in the following week for a personality interview. Was then given a writing assignment and brought in a second time for a meeting with the 2nd VP and two of the team members.

Interview Questions

• For the personality section I was asked a lot of 'give me a time when.' The worst of which was about active listening.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I provided a number to the recruiter for what it would take fornme to leave my current role, this was the number I was offered. I did wind up negotiating for a signing bonus at 6.67% of my salary. I will have to pay back all of my bonus if I leave in 6 months or half my bonus if I leave within a year.

Data Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

A couple minutes into the phone interview (with in-house recruiter), it was obvious I wasn't the right candidate for the position. However, the recruiter knew of a similar position in a different department that would be a good fit. The recruiter said she would send my info to her colleague, and that turned into another interview a few days later. Overall a pretty positive experience, in spite of not being the right job for me.

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

A lot of red tape and waste of time. The whole process took 6 weeks with a phone interview, an online test, and a 3 hour panel interview with a surprise written test at the end. And when I say "written", I mean actually writing pen on paper. They operate mostly on paper so you will have to turn back the clock and get used to hand-writing full pages of notes. They wanted me to review a 15 page chart and write a full page recommendation in a format that they didn't tell me they wanted it in until I was done. Oh, and it was timed. The only good part of the experience was not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• They had two separate panels interviewing me and they asked me the same questions. They wanted me to answer in a format that they did not give to me until I was done answering. It was similar to what nurses know as SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation) but they had their own version of it that they didn't give to me until the end. It seemed very scripted and the interviewers seemed shackled to these stock questions that were redundant. When I asked the nurses what one piece of advice they would give to The Standard for their jobs to improve, they basically threw their manager under the bus and said she needed to listen to them.   1 Answer

Level II Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR).

Interview

The asked "tell me about a time..." style questions. I know they come from a long list supplied from HR. The questions seemed to be skewed negative with no real way to shine.

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR).

Interview

I am not exactly sure what their hiring process is but I do know I had 9 interviews over a 2.5 month period with no communication throughout the process. Five interviews were with single individuals all Director level up to 2nd VP level. Two interviews were conducted with two individuals per interview and were conducted back to back over a two hour period. One consisted of the hiring manager and another Director. The other consisted of two IT Project Managers who would be peers.

Interview Questions

• Scenario and behavioral interview type questions   1 Answer

Vocational Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview took place in two stages. First there was a phone screening. The second phase was meeting with the department supervisors. Once the offer was made, the company hired vendor companies to conduct a background check and drug testing.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Two separate panels, each one hour each. First Directors then mid level managers. The interview was intense with 4 persons on each panel and at least 25 questions asked per panel.

Interview Questions

• What are the first 5 things you would do once you are accepted for the position?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process started by a very simple online application. Then was followed by phone interview with recruiter, followed by VP call to set up a 1:1 with VP. Final stage was panel interview with members of team and other departments. The phone interview with the recruiter was the most difficult. The VP portion was not difficult, the panel interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical behavioral based questions. Give me an example of a time you had to discipline one of your employees...   Answer Question