The Teaching Company Interview Questions in Chantilly, VA | Glassdoor

1.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with behavioral questions with 5 supervisors. They were not intimidating and seemed to love the company . Took approximately 45 minutes, inquired about skill set and what i could offer to the company and vice versa

PHP/Zend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial interview process was a phone call with a staffing agency to gauge interest.
    Then, had an phone interview with the Manager of Development about interest, related skills, and the position itself.
    The third interview was an on-site interview with the Manager of Development and one of the developers there. Was given a written test on PHP.
    The final interview was a second on-site interview. I met with the Director of Development as well as the rest of the development team and other high ranking executives at the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between using PHP and the Zend framework?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

You are first contacted by an HR for a phone screening, if you pass you are invited for a group interview that is not relayed to you over the phone. The group interview consists of two entry level supervisors and the operation manager. The interview last no more than 15 minutes and they ask basic questions with one or two scenarios about how you handle feedback and or your attendance history.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the organization that no one else can?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I listened to a Customer Care Rep. for a half an hour who answered the phone and talked to customers. Then I talked to 2 CC Supervisors for about 30 mins. who asked me questions. For the last 1/2 hr. a Team Leader discussed the position. All the people that I interviewed with were easy to talk to and also seemed to enjoy their jobs at The Teaching Company.

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by TTC via email. I was informed that they had come across my application for Video Editor and they were offering me an interview for this position. I was scheduled for an interview the same week that they emailed me. They sent an amazing set of directions, and it was a breeze to find their office. Everyone was helpful and friendly, my interview was relaxed and informative. It's easy to get a great sense of what the company's all about. They answered all the questions I had. It was great! I absolutely ended up taking the job.

Interview Questions

• What nonlinear editing suites do you use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat with a veteran employee for 30 minutes to see what the role entails.Panel interview with Manager and Supervisor- this lasted about 45 minutes. I then sat with a team lead for 30 minutes and got to ask any questions I wanted to- this was wonderful! This part was just for me.. The interview was very detailed and professional, but very easy because the manager and supervisor seemed to be good people. Benefits and salary are robust! GREAT company to join!

Interview Questions

• Many many questions about customer service experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very considerate. I felt at ease and encouraged by the phone call stating an offer would be made, and then the offer letter itself was good.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very smooth and a lot of follow up. The recruiter was very efficient and always updated me about the steps. Was one of the best interview process. We connected very often over the phone. I flew in VA and met a lot of people that enable me to get a very good perspective of the people, expectations and opportunity.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a brief but simple written test about technology which was easy to pass if you had a decent knowledge of technology. After that, I had an interview with members of their team who were fun and easy to talk to. I also got to shadow one of the current Customer Relationship Managers so that I could get an idea of what the job was like.

Interview Questions

• One question that stuck out was something similar to: how I would handle a tough customer or what good customer service would look like?   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

After multiple phone interviews with the recruiter I was passed along as a candidate. Then I got a phone call and an e-mail from HR telling me I had to access a website to take a test to assess my compatibility to work within their environment. No problem.

I took the "predictive skills indicator" as requested and then didn't hear anything.

When I reached out to the recruiter he indicated my lack of int'l experience disqualified me for the position. Nothing in the posting about int'l and now, a month later, the posting still doesn't have anything about int'l experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe interpersonal tensions within a team that you have resolved as a manager.   Answer Question