The Teaching Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Teaching Company Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.0

Interview

I submitted my application online. The interview was at the Chantilly main office. I met with an HR member and then several members of the call center. They notified me via a phone call that I had been accepted and completed the rest of the process via email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was spelled out in advance.

PHP/Zend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial interview process was a phone call with a staffing agency to gauge interest.
    Then, had an phone interview with the Manager of Development about interest, related skills, and the position itself.
    The third interview was an on-site interview with the Manager of Development and one of the developers there. Was given a written test on PHP.
    The final interview was a second on-site interview. I met with the Director of Development as well as the rest of the development team and other high ranking executives at the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between using PHP and the Zend framework?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

You are first contacted by an HR for a phone screening, if you pass you are invited for a group interview that is not relayed to you over the phone. The group interview consists of two entry level supervisors and the operation manager. The interview last no more than 15 minutes and they ask basic questions with one or two scenarios about how you handle feedback and or your attendance history.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the organization that no one else can?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I listened to a Customer Care Rep. for a half an hour who answered the phone and talked to customers. Then I talked to 2 CC Supervisors for about 30 mins. who asked me questions. For the last 1/2 hr. a Team Leader discussed the position. All the people that I interviewed with were easy to talk to and also seemed to enjoy their jobs at The Teaching Company.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Teaching Company.

Interview

Had a phone screening with an HR representative, followed by an in person interview. Seemed clean simple and relatively casual. I met with 3 people: 2 dept heads, and the director. The conversations all felt very comfortable and relavant. Discussion of my reel, and then some technical self review questions followed. Then a tour of the facility.

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by TTC via email. I was informed that they had come across my application for Video Editor and they were offering me an interview for this position. I was scheduled for an interview the same week that they emailed me. They sent an amazing set of directions, and it was a breeze to find their office. Everyone was helpful and friendly, my interview was relaxed and informative. It's easy to get a great sense of what the company's all about. They answered all the questions I had. It was great! I absolutely ended up taking the job.

Interview Questions

• What nonlinear editing suites do you use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat with a veteran employee for 30 minutes to see what the role entails.Panel interview with Manager and Supervisor- this lasted about 45 minutes. I then sat with a team lead for 30 minutes and got to ask any questions I wanted to- this was wonderful! This part was just for me.. The interview was very detailed and professional, but very easy because the manager and supervisor seemed to be good people. Benefits and salary are robust! GREAT company to join!

Interview Questions

• Many many questions about customer service experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very considerate. I felt at ease and encouraged by the phone call stating an offer would be made, and then the offer letter itself was good.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very smooth and a lot of follow up. The recruiter was very efficient and always updated me about the steps. Was one of the best interview process. We connected very often over the phone. I flew in VA and met a lot of people that enable me to get a very good perspective of the people, expectations and opportunity.

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Teaching Company in October 2014.

Interview

First had a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager- thought it went quite well. Went in for an in-person interview a month later and the hiring manager had left the company. From the moment I got there, I did not have a good feeling about the place at all. Not a single person I ran into looked happy or cheerful.. the place looked beaten down and gloomy. The people I interviewed with did not seem to be interested in talking to me.. they barely had any questions for me and kept asking me what questions I had for them. It was a complete waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• no technical questions whatsoever which was a little worrying.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Teaching Company.

Interview

Very long day, multiple interviewers, no lunch, no breaks; interviewed in groups and individually and pairs across multiple sections. everyone was nice, thoughtful, smart. it was clear that everyone was passionate about their work; passion for the product is one of the strengths of the workers (not the executive team, however)

Interview Questions

• be specific about what difference you will make to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Push hard for the highest $ possible, as getting a raise is extremely difficult and was frozen for several years