The Teaching Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Teaching Company

2.1

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Technical Screen followed by onsite interviews, mainly behavioral and team fit. There was a section on technical skills also but it focused mainly on background and application in terms of work experience. It did not involve actual coding or solving a problem

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone found issues with your data analysis and how did you respond   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Teaching Company in October 2014.

Interview

First had a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager- thought it went quite well. Went in for an in-person interview a month later and the hiring manager had left the company. From the moment I got there, I did not have a good feeling about the place at all. Not a single person I ran into looked happy or cheerful.. the place looked beaten down and gloomy. The people I interviewed with did not seem to be interested in talking to me.. they barely had any questions for me and kept asking me what questions I had for them. It was a complete waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• no technical questions whatsoever which was a little worrying.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very smooth and a lot of follow up. The recruiter was very efficient and always updated me about the steps. Was one of the best interview process. We connected very often over the phone. I flew in VA and met a lot of people that enable me to get a very good perspective of the people, expectations and opportunity.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Teaching Company.

Interview

Had a phone screening with an HR representative, followed by an in person interview. Seemed clean simple and relatively casual. I met with 3 people: 2 dept heads, and the director. The conversations all felt very comfortable and relavant. Discussion of my reel, and then some technical self review questions followed. Then a tour of the facility.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Teaching Company.

Interview

Very long day, multiple interviewers, no lunch, no breaks; interviewed in groups and individually and pairs across multiple sections. everyone was nice, thoughtful, smart. it was clear that everyone was passionate about their work; passion for the product is one of the strengths of the workers (not the executive team, however)

Interview Questions

• be specific about what difference you will make to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Push hard for the highest $ possible, as getting a raise is extremely difficult and was frozen for several years

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by TTC via email. I was informed that they had come across my application for Video Editor and they were offering me an interview for this position. I was scheduled for an interview the same week that they emailed me. They sent an amazing set of directions, and it was a breeze to find their office. Everyone was helpful and friendly, my interview was relaxed and informative. It's easy to get a great sense of what the company's all about. They answered all the questions I had. It was great! I absolutely ended up taking the job.

Interview Questions

• What nonlinear editing suites do you use?   1 Answer

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with behavioral questions with 5 supervisors. They were not intimidating and seemed to love the company . Took approximately 45 minutes, inquired about skill set and what i could offer to the company and vice versa

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a brief but simple written test about technology which was easy to pass if you had a decent knowledge of technology. After that, I had an interview with members of their team who were fun and easy to talk to. I also got to shadow one of the current Customer Relationship Managers so that I could get an idea of what the job was like.

Interview Questions

• One question that stuck out was something similar to: how I would handle a tough customer or what good customer service would look like?   Answer Question

Interview

I submitted my application online. The interview was at the Chantilly main office. I met with an HR member and then several members of the call center. They notified me via a phone call that I had been accepted and completed the rest of the process via email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was spelled out in advance.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Teaching Company (Chantilly, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview. This was forba seasonal full time postion. Couple days later came in for an interview. Went pretty well. Explained to them tgat I had another job and if they could work with my schedual. They said yes. I was offered a position. I accepted and told them that i would get back with the days i could work. Got back to them and they said they couldnt work with it. Hiring manager emailed the mangers and they never called or got back to me. Very Unprofessional.