The Travel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Travel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2016

Air Transportation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (Anaheim, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First a phone screening, then I had to go through two interviews, one for the company in general, then later one for air transportation. During that one, I was grilled for an hour on airline terminology, how to handle situations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Had me do a test on how to read airline reservations system itineraries, pricing, etc.   1 Answer

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (Anaheim, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then a panel interview where you had to make a presentation of one of the trips with a few minutes to prepare. The final interview was with a couple supervisors/managers of various brands

Interview Questions

• They ask some travel trivia so they know you have a general idea of where things are. This is VERY important when on the job so I understand why they ask this.   Answer Question

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guernsey, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (Guernsey, WY) in April 2014.

Interview

Long. They hired almost anyone that turned up. They didn't acknowledge their skills, intelligence or how well they would succeed in the job role. All they wanted was for you to say the word "passion" and they would give you the job. Stupidly easy which is why literally anyone can work there.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (Cypress, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was asked to put together a strategic brand plan for one of their businesses, and complete five other "assignments" to assess my "fit" with the company. After presenting my powerpoint presentation during my on-site interview which went very well, I received an (inappropriate) email requesting that I send them my work without an offer.

Interview Questions

• Company also asked me to proofread a print ad, provide a 30 day development plan, take an online personality test, and analyze their entire online and offline advertising campaign. It made me wonder if the position was real or they were looking for free consulting help.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (Anaheim, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was expected to be between a 4 - 6 hour process. It consisted of a panel interview with a group of interviewees (4 in my group) followed by one-on-ones if you made it to the next level. They now do a 2 day interview where one day you will shadow on the floor and the other consists of the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to handle a difficult customer and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Tour Opertation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was casual and comfortable, the questions are easy and simple. I showed I am interested in travelling and have experience in planning my travel journeys. The interviewer tested my language skills in english and typing speed. they tell me straight away that they are going to hire me.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

First round interview, I was interviewed by the HR advisor. She first spoke about he role and the company, then asked me to describe my experience and my current role, then she she asked a series competency based questions. Then I completed a task which tested my attention to detail - this was quite difficult as the document and company details were unfamiliar to me and I felt the wasn't given much time to complete the task. Lastly I also had a brief informal type chat with a recruiter who worked.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, how would your friends describe you, what is your bggest achievement, what motivates you, tell me about a time you had to deal with someone difficult, how do you prioritise, what do you do if you can't make a deadline... Typical kind of questions along those lines   Answer Question

Dev Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation.

Interview

Initially there was a telephone interview. This was with a fellow Dev Team Manager, and was essentially a review of my CV at a high level. There were a few questions around particularly scenarios, and what I would do in those. This lasted for about 30 minutes. There was then a face to face interview, with senior management. This lasted for a total of about 45 minutes, and there were specific scenario questions, questions on my experience from my CV, and the opportunity to ask a few questions - although this was quite limited in time (to about 5-10 minutes).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a conflict within the team as the manager?   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Mix of telephone and face to face interviews.

After three interviews and eight weeks of constant chasing to get feedback, when I couldn't get a response, I decided to duck out of the process.

If this is what happens when they are trying to attract you to the organisation, it doesn't bode well for how they treat their staff.

I don't expect to be offered every role for which I interview but I do expect to be treated with curtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Some competency based questions and general discussion.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Travel Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

Fantastic - very professional. A competency based interview with the CEO, follow up with HR was smooth and efficient. Have spoken with a number of people newer to the company and found that there is little waiting around -if you are the right person you will be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you were integral to turning around the fortunes of a business?   Answer Question