The UN Refugee Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The UN Refugee Agency

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The UN Refugee Agency (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

They asked about experience working with vulnerable populations, refugees, etc. It was a very informal process. I met with only one individual who heads the street fundraising team. There were a lot of people who were applying at the time because it was summer, and they tend to get a heavy pool applicants during this time due to the summer breaks for students.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The UN Refugee Agency (Miami, FL).

Interview

Show up, presentable and motivated. Interviewer is very professional. Recommended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The UN Refugee Agency (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Found job on Craigslist. Sent in resume via email. Established an in-person interview date. Normal procedure is for city coordinator to conduct interview. I was unique in that my interview was conducted by a senior management staff member.

Interview Questions

• Honestly don't remember what most of the questions for the interview process were   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The UN Refugee Agency (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Idealists beware. Seems like an organization you would be proud to work for, but the information provided during the interview process is inflated to say the least. Many things I was told were exaggerated or completely untrue. The interviewer did most of the talking, as if she was selling me on the position. It seems that if you show that you care about world issues and are eager to work you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was an email. It arrived later than I was told I would receive it and had incorrect hiring information throughout; as if it were a template that had not been customized to my offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The UN Refugee Agency (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

Found the ad on craigslist and should have known it sounded too good to be true. You email the recruiter in Washington DC who will then schedule and interview. They will schedule an interview with ANYONE who emails them.

Interview will mainly consist of them trying to convince you what a great job this is, how worthy the cause is, and how much room their is for growth.

Regardless of what they tell you retention is under 10% in this office.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many questions. If you can talk and walk they will hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Offer was sent in an email and had outdated information, but given that they hire 3-5 people weekly that isn't surprising.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The UN Refugee Agency (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, submitted my resume and Motivation letter, and after some weeks I got shortlisted and the set for me the date for Skpye interview as first steps, then after a week the sent me the written interviews and I did and finally I was invited for presentation and submission of the original documents and I did, finally the tells me good news you have pass and offer a contracts for six months as provisional contract subject to extension on availability of funds,

Interview Questions

• list the similar jobs you have held with International organization including the duties   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The UN Refugee Agency (Geneva (Switzerland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very standard interview, some competency based interviews and some knowledge based interview. The application consisted of a CV and cover letter followed by an interview. Following the interview, I was informed within a couple of days that I had been successful.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest issues relating to refugee protection today?   1 Answer