The United States Pharmacopeia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager - easy, go over resume and professional background
    On site interviews with hiring manager and 2 others from the team; case presentation - All pretty easy and straightforward
    Everyone was very cordial and helpful ; what made my opinion change from a positive one to a thumbs down was that I did not hear from them for over a month after the interview and then got an email telling me that I had not been selected for (drum roll) a position other than the one i had applied and interviewed for. I replied and pointed this out, and am yet to receive a response.

Interview Questions

• process mapping related questions; standard questions around where you see yourself in 5 years, what would your colleagues say about you, what was your professional relationships with manager/direct reports like.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

1. HR call for interview set up time availability for in person interview.
    2. Interview started late because of one of the interviewer was not available. then 5 person interviewed.

Interview Questions

• when did you last perform this type of testing on bench?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview

I went to one interview and was told They would get back to me after they did one more interview the next week. I didn't hear anything for weeks, then I receive an e-mail requesting I come in for another interview. I was excited at first, until I received another e-mail laying out the interview schedule. It appeared to be the first interview all over again. I had just received an offer from a great company, so I asked in an e-mail if this was simply a repeat of the first interview. The response I received was quite rude. With phrases like "can I be frank" and "you should probably just accept the other offer". These people are going to make you do up to six interviews, and in the end leave you with silence. What a joke.

Interview Questions

• They print out pages and pages of questions from the internet to ask you. The questions are quite random.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview

Learned about position through staffing agency. This was followed by two rounds of in-person interviews and a HR interview. The interview was fairly quick and straight-forward. All in all, a good experience.

Senior Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

6 weeks and 6 different interviews and I was not hired with no explanation.

My last interview supposedly "went really well" and I was told I'd get a call the following week. No call. When I reached out, was told they were still interviewing. Reached out again and said they were going with other candidates. Asked for explanation and did not get one.

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Abysmal candidate experience and poorly managed process. Several phone interviews and then invited in for 1/2 day of interviews. Recruiter and hiring manager clearly not on the same page re: where they were in the process and one would have expect some communication following many interviews and time commitment on the part of candidate, especially for a senior role. Recruitment function (and clearly others in the organization judging from comments on this site) can use a lot of work.

Programmer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hard

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia in October 2015.

Interview

USP has a very thorough interview process: an applicant can spend 3-4 hours talking to 4-5 people in several departments. Also, I think they are looking for the person to show how driven and excited they are. I have the impression that they are looking for stars.

Interview Questions

• I was asked details about a small point on my resume, which seemed secondary to me, but that's what the interviewer wanted to know. It would have been good to have a story to tell on each and every line in the resume.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Step 1: Screening with HR person
    Step 2: Phone interview with Senior Manager
    Step 3: In person interview with group
    Step 4: Analytical interview with case study and presentation with the group throwing various questions your way. Also included was a group lunch to see how your personality fits with the group.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The United States Pharmacopeia.

Interview

1. Online screening questions about the job and why you are interested had to be completed first.
    2. If you pass that screen, you have phone interview with recruiter
    3. Once passed that screen, I interviewed with the hiring manager then came back to interview with others in the organization.

Negotiation

Straight forward