The University of Adelaide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The University of Adelaide Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at The University of Adelaide

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Adelaide.

Interview

The team was welcoming and the interview was held in one of their internal meeting rooms rather than a client meeting room. Managed to get a glimpse of the office but walked into a long room to be confronted with a panel of 4 already waiting for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a project that failed spectacularly and what you did about it   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The University of Adelaide (Adelaide (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial screening was on the basis of the application, and responses to the selection criteria given. You need practice to get these right, to know what kind of answers they are looking for. I was shortlisted (for the third time by this employer).
    I gave a seminar, then there was a meeting with the selection panel and I was taken out to dinner with the other applicants.
    The seminar went well, the interview was OK, and the dinner was fine. In the end they gave the job to the young up-and-coming guy (not a bad choice in fact).

Interview Questions

• Whether I felt my record of applications for grants illustrated strong commitment to building up my lab.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Adelaide (Adelaide (Australia)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very casual interview with the staff coordinator. They just want to make sure that you are a good fit for the job in terms of having the right attitude to be put in the front line of contact with the students who have only just started their university career. The interview entails some casual technical conversation to make sure that you know the basics and are not completely clueless.
    The GPA has a considerable effect on the interview process.
    In the end, if anyone is serious enough about acquiring the job and goes in with the correct attitude, they will get the job.
    I've included an example of the "Most difficult" question in the interview

Human Resources Service Centre Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Adelaide (Adelaide (Australia)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position online however had a friend working in HR at the time. She managed to convince the manager to interview me and I was called in. There was over 200 applicants for the position I applied for so I was lucky enough to have a strong application as well as meeting the requirements.

Interview Questions

• As this is not a role where you have to think on your feet questions were pretty straight forward, the usual for a help desk customer service type role. How do you work in a team, how do you deal with angry customers etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were two positions available and I was offered the part time one. I know how hard it is getting into the University so I accepted it, i'm glad I did this is now my third contract and i'm currently full time. You can absolutely negotiate salary as there are around 4 steps within each level. Don't be afraid to ask, superannuation can also be negotiated (17% instead of 9.25)