The University of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The University of Alabama Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.3

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

An interview was not required for my position. I applied online on the UA job postings websites and was hired a few days after I applied, most office assistants are not required to interview.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

I spoke to a professor, had a brief interview and lab tour. I had the professor for a class, so we were acquainted.
    The interview was rather informal, and the professor gauged my professional interests and informed me about his research and his laboratory,

Interview Questions

• Describe your interest in the specific area of research, and you motivation to apply for a research job   Answer Question

IT Technical Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Extremely straight forward. They just ask about your experience. Very easy and quick interview. They ask basic personal questions. What you want to do? What your plans for your career path are?

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have, and how does it apply to this position?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

Awesome easy enjoyable people to speak with they made me feel comfortable and at ease during he process even though I was really nervous. They asked about 15 questions and it took about thirty minutes

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.ua.edu and after 3 weeks recieved a phone call to set up a phone interview. The 1st phone interview lasted 30 min. after 3 days I recieved another call to have a 2nd phone interview and an on-site interview. The 2nd phone call lasted 15 minutes. and 2 days later was my on-site interview which included a breakfast, a presentation (which I had to give) and another meeting

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was called in for an interview with 3 area coordinators. They asked questions about what I know about Housing and Residential and experience I have in customer service

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama.

Interview

There was no interview process. I just applied for my program and the job came with my acceptance into the graduate program. Because I got into the school, I did not have to interview for this job, thus this question does not apply to my situation.

Graduate Community Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview took place at a Graduate Assistantship Day, where many departments offering assistantships gave opportunities to talk with people currently in the positions. Interviews were preplanned leading up to this day.

Interview Questions

• With students from many cultures and backgrounds in the residence halls, what would you do to create a more inclusive community in your residence hall?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed yet professional. Asked job related questions, and what would you do if... questions. Hiring managers are very professional. Was offered a job right on the spot. They told me the pay rate and hours and I accepted the job immediately.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. Not difficult, or easy. I called the Advertising Manager at the time and was able to schedule an interview within two weeks. Every person I met with was very nice, and were passionate about what they did.