The University of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.3

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

I spoke to a professor, had a brief interview and lab tour. I had the professor for a class, so we were acquainted.
    The interview was rather informal, and the professor gauged my professional interests and informed me about his research and his laboratory,

Interview Questions

• Describe your interest in the specific area of research, and you motivation to apply for a research job   Answer Question

IT Technical Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Extremely straight forward. They just ask about your experience. Very easy and quick interview. They ask basic personal questions. What you want to do? What your plans for your career path are?

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have, and how does it apply to this position?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

Awesome easy enjoyable people to speak with they made me feel comfortable and at ease during he process even though I was really nervous. They asked about 15 questions and it took about thirty minutes

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.ua.edu and after 3 weeks recieved a phone call to set up a phone interview. The 1st phone interview lasted 30 min. after 3 days I recieved another call to have a 2nd phone interview and an on-site interview. The 2nd phone call lasted 15 minutes. and 2 days later was my on-site interview which included a breakfast, a presentation (which I had to give) and another meeting

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was called in for an interview with 3 area coordinators. They asked questions about what I know about Housing and Residential and experience I have in customer service

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama.

Interview

There was no interview process. I just applied for my program and the job came with my acceptance into the graduate program. Because I got into the school, I did not have to interview for this job, thus this question does not apply to my situation.

Graduate Community Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview took place at a Graduate Assistantship Day, where many departments offering assistantships gave opportunities to talk with people currently in the positions. Interviews were preplanned leading up to this day.

Interview Questions

• With students from many cultures and backgrounds in the residence halls, what would you do to create a more inclusive community in your residence hall?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed yet professional. Asked job related questions, and what would you do if... questions. Hiring managers are very professional. Was offered a job right on the spot. They told me the pay rate and hours and I accepted the job immediately.

Entry Level Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

This was an entry level data entry position. We went into a very large board room where 10 people sat and asked me questions. They asked between 30 - 40 questions. It was ridiculous. I knew 2 minutes in that I didn't want the job and had to endure another 45 minutes of mindless questioning.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to quit your current job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at the University?   Answer Question
    • Can you sit for 8 hours a day in front of a computer screen and enter data into the system?   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online. The department hiring manager called me 2-3 weeks later to schedule an interview for the following week. Interview went relatively smoothly and lasted about one hour. Interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict within the workplace in the past?   Answer Question