The University of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The University of Alabama

2.2

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

I spoke to a professor about the types of sciences that I was interested in, the amount of time that I would be able to work and my class schedule. It was not really an interview, but more of an introduction. He explained the work that he did in the lab and showed me some of the experiments he was working on.

Circulation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Simple questions that were easy to answer and the interviewer never made me feel nervous. She was very friendly and made me feel comfortable despite the situation. She did most of the talking, stating what they are looking for in an employee and the basics of the job. When the interview was over, she asked did I have any questions.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process at UA is very easy, if you know someone. I interned with the department for a year before I was interested in full-time employment. I knew the person who was making the hiring decision and received a call for a phone interview. The interview lasted about five minutes and the questions centered around whether or not I would work early mornings. The whole process lasted about one month. The university never does anything quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. In fact, I asked about my salary after I was offered the job and was told my boos "would check on it". He never did and I naively accepted the position anyways. I ended up making a little more than minimum wage.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Laid back, very chill group of people. Shared jokes and talked about professors, asked about my performance in school and wanted to know how long I intended in staying in Tuscaloosa.

Interview Questions

• Asked how you felt about the job and the role you would have   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy, simple, basic questions to gauge your knowledge. They called me back with results in less than a day. I interviewed with the full time staff, then the administrators the same day. The entire process was very fast and efficient.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with troubleshooting? How about Microsoft Office?

Have you dealt with a ticketing system before?

Have you done remote support before?

Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?

Biggest strength?

Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Just a short face to face interview with the manager it was in person and pretty short. The manager was very friendly throughout the entire process. You just go to the building after applying online and go through the process

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was short. Since I was a student at that time, they asked what math courses I have taken and how many hours I would like to work for.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

I spoke to a professor, had a brief interview and lab tour. I had the professor for a class, so we were acquainted.
    The interview was rather informal, and the professor gauged my professional interests and informed me about his research and his laboratory,

Interview Questions

• Describe your interest in the specific area of research, and you motivation to apply for a research job   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. Not difficult, or easy. I called the Advertising Manager at the time and was able to schedule an interview within two weeks. Every person I met with was very nice, and were passionate about what they did.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I had taken the class I am now a TA for and the teacher offered me the job right after. All I had to do for training is attend a couple meetings to make sure I was enough of a leader and had good communication skills.