The University of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The University of Alabama

2.2

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was professional and was not nerve wracking. All you need to do is email the call center supervisor at the beginning of each semester, or get a referral from an employee. The interviewer will just ask that you submit your resume ahead of time so she has questions prepared to ask you. It is not a long interview process and typically only involves one sit down face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would make a good addition to the Crimson Calling Center?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama.

Interview

There was no interview process. I just applied for my program and the job came with my acceptance into the graduate program. Because I got into the school, I did not have to interview for this job, thus this question does not apply to my situation.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

Must be currently enrolled in graduate program
    Certain positions required letter of interest to be submitted to program and clinical directors of graduate program. One student in each second year cohort would be chosen by the program and clinical directors from the applicants.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is based on the CV and university transcripts. If you have a good background and good communication with the advisor, you have a great chance to get the offer. Also, the devotion to the research in the future will be important to present during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do after you graduate?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

Contacted interviewer via email. Interviewer requested my resume and portfolio. After submitting items, interviewer requested an in person interview. Conducted an interview with immediate superior, project manager, and financial manager. Was offered position at the conclusion of the interview. I took the weekend to think over the offer and accepted the following Monday. I assumed the position a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase due to the University's GRA program. I was offered the highest GRA compensation.

Guitar Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

No interview just got the position because I was a guitar student. The director of the Community Music School is great and they are always in need of music teachers

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Was pretty quick after the initial phone call. Was invited to come down for an in person interview. They paid for everything and were very hospitable. Was given a date of when I would hear back and I never heard anything from the department of from the human resources department. I even emailed the director who I interviewed with and HR and still didn't hear anything back about my candidacy. Ultimately they decided to hire internally. That's fine, I get it since I currently work at a college in Boston, however I find it unprofessional to not close the loop.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you've faced with students and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

Pretty low stress. Panel interview with the upper-level staff. They took turns asking questions and keeping it fairly simple. Having experience in production isn't necessary but it doesn't hurt either.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Alabama in January 2015.

Interview

good. not bad. it was a nice experience. not so hard. i m a student. • Experienced in Project Management, BI-consulting, BI Solution conceptualization, Data Integration, and Analytics in multiple business domains viz. Supply Chain/Logistics, Tour & travel, Transportation, Energy, Education, and Consumer Lending/Mortgage.
    • Experienced in managing onshore/offshore model and worked for European and North American clients.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

There was only one interview with 4 faculty members. They were very kind, funny, and relaxed which made the interview process enjoyable However, the interview had some tricky questions that I was not expecting. Be prepared to think on your feet.