The University of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The University of Alabama Interview Questions

Interviews at The University of Alabama

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

I heard about the job from a current employer that recommended me to the hiring manager. I applied for the position and was called in for an interview the very next day. The Interview was very professional and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

I am a work-study student assistant. When you qualify for work-study, there is a site that can you look at work-study jobs to apply for, and there is also a mandatory career fair you must attend (the career fair is where I found my job). When searching job listings online, don't bother emailing the person listed - I emailed several people and never got a reply. Instead, the best way is to call the person directly. I was basically interviewed in person at the career fair - they asked about my computer skills and my past experience working with others. Very informal - no stress at all -, and I was emailed a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in computer repair?
      How do you feel about working with data and data entry?
      Can you respond to to help-desk tickets in a timely manner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager she asked a few questions about previous work experience, and availability.Suggested a start time and I was hired nothing too serious.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in November 2009.

Interview

In-person interview with Administrative Assistant for the office. Met with the Dean and other office staff to discuss skills, personal background, and job description.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and other computer software?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase, as this is a part-time job for currently enrolled students in the University of Alabama's College of Arts and Sciences.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a search committee into interview on campus. Presentation was easy and mine was very in-depth but still very short (about 7 minutes). Allowed a lot of time to answer the questions that I had. If you know how to do your job, then you will not have an issue with this interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2010.

Interview

The biggest issue with hiring at the university is that it takes time. Expect to go long periods of time without knowing the status of your application. The interview process tends to be fairly laid back, with most of the focus being on ensuring you are a good fit for the team and the job.

Interview Questions

• There is a technical component to some interviews that require you demonstrate your development abilities. Be ready to demonstrate that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The offer is what it is, most of the salary is currently stuck due to bureaucracy,,,they will claim that the benefits make it worth it, and they are partially right, but this is a lifestyle choice. Don't apply if you are looking to be the highest paid in your graduating class, thats not what life at a University if all about.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back but still very professional. It took around 2 hours to fill out all the paperwork, get my uniform, and watch a kitchen safety video. We went over rules and regulations and ordered shoes from Shoes for Crews to ensure that I was safe in the kitchen. They are very nice people and would help you if you had any questions a all.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my availability   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was called in for an interview with 3 area coordinators. They asked questions about what I know about Housing and Residential and experience I have in customer service

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

An interview was not required for my position. I applied online on the UA job postings websites and was hired a few days after I applied, most office assistants are not required to interview.

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

Awesome easy enjoyable people to speak with they made me feel comfortable and at ease during he process even though I was really nervous. They asked about 15 questions and it took about thirty minutes