The University of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The University of Alabama Interview Questions

Interviews at The University of Alabama

2.2

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online. The department hiring manager called me 2-3 weeks later to schedule an interview for the following week. Interview went relatively smoothly and lasted about one hour. Interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict within the workplace in the past?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

All applications must be submitted online. The recruiter in charge of that department screens the applications for department minimums met and whether or not the application is completed according to instructions. If incomplete the application is rejected. If all materials are present at the time of submittal, the packet goes on to the hiring manager. This can take weeks if not longer.

Interview Questions

• What was my most memorable ad campaign and why?
      How well do I work under pressure?
      What are some previous experiences that would help you in this job role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in October 2011.

Interview

The process involved an initial conference call with faculty. Then I was required to create a power point presentation on a topic sent to me a week prior to the interview by the department. They flew me in to the campus. I gave the presentation then was required to meet with the vp of academic affairs then the president of the university.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The University of Alabama.

Interview

I applied for the job, received an email the next day to schedule an interview, had the interview (which was very easy), and was notified the very next day that I had received the job. Overall, it was a very simple process. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable by describing their research concentrations to me, and then we casually discussed where I could possibly fit in.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

My would be supervisor and a team lead sat down in his office and talked about what responsibilities I would have, and the role I needed to fill. General 'get to know you' questions were asked, and some about a former job.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in December 2014.

Interview

Online interview for returning RAs. Recorded from home, approximately 30 minutes long. Questions were about personality, job focus, mediation experience, programming objectives, ideas and goals. Time to answer questions was limited, but the interview could be re-recorded numerous times with one final submission. The only issue was that you had to answer all ten questions every time you resubmitted.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you would do differently next year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

After attending a mandatory interest session, you will be required to attend Capstone Academy, which is a training program that is monitored and included in the interview process. After Capstone Academy, you will have a formal interview with two of the professional housing staff members. The Community Directors then pick the Resident Advisors and Freshman Advisors they want on their staff, and those individuals receive an email containing their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an experience you've had in the past where you had to deal with an issue of diversity between individuals, what did you do to deal with it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama in March 2011.

Interview

The process is very nice. Interviewees take you very seriously and are very aware of the job requirements. The time frame is pretty lengthy. It took quite a while to hear back for final selections. I had several friends who did not get a position as an RA and they were not told they were not selected--it was just silence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation necessary

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

After filling out the necessary paperwork, you are required to attend one of several interview sessions all ran by current RAs. These sessions are broke into 4 parts. The first part is the standard panel interview. The next session is used in order to judge your creativity. The last two sections both deal with how you interact with people. This is used in order to judge who has the leadership qualities necessary to perform the RA job effectively.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is trying to separate yourself during the sections where they are judging how well you work as a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

Applicants apply online, must be a student that has lived on campus before. You then get call backs based on your application. The interview process has 4 rounds. The first 3 are group interviews: situation based, personality tests, and problem solving. Students are interviewed to test each other on how they react in groups or team work. The last round is a traditional one-on-one interview with questions about why you want to be hired, etc.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario of "whose-life-would-you-save" and the interviewers watched as you presented your arguments as to how and why you would save certain people.   1 Answer