The University of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The University of Alabama

2.2

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through the student work fair. Received Telephone call a few days later to see if i was still interested. Very easy interview. Just came and talked about the position with hiring manager. The staff was very nice and engaging.

Visuals Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the visuals lead and we talked in length about my previous experiences and why I might be a good fit for the job. He asked a lot of soft-ball questions, and there were none of the typical "What is your greatest weakness?" questions. He had me lay out a full page in InDesign in The Crimson White style. Everything went well, and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your previous experiences.   Answer Question
    • Q: What ideas would you have to improve The Crimson White in the future?   Answer Question

Student Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

Asked about myself and my internship experience in the past. Interviewed by three very kind ladies in the A&S college Dean's office, and had a chance to talk to one of the current student office assistants. Overall Very positive.

Web Applications Develooper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2009.

Interview

They asked me few questions about my previous job in the University and asked about my role. The panel asked about the web application that I have developed and the functionality of the application.

Interview Questions

• How could you develop the website for the CCS which serve as accepting the request and saving it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a funding job.

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview with my direct supervisor. They already knew me and the quality of my work so the interview was very short and I was hired the next day.

IT Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. While I am a student and had a very extensive history, there was not much to be discussed other than my school schedule. It was short and to the point. If you work well with faculty and the staff then you will be great for this job. You meet people you wouldn't have other wise.

Financial Aid Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed yet professional. Asked job related questions, and what would you do if... questions. Hiring managers are very professional. Was offered a job right on the spot. They told me the pay rate and hours and I accepted the job immediately.

Alumni Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

Had to demonstrate a plan of action, and the competence to carry it out. Questions were asked about how portions would be implemented

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation

Student Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2008.

Interview

Ned to have background in PC, windows, networks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Student job.

Office Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2008.

Interview

The application process is quite easy at UA, however, it's quite difficult to be considered if you don't already work there or know someone who does. I happened to be interviewed for the temp office pool position available at the time and it was very informal. We spoke about my recent experience in grad school and my resume. It was very short and they called me back within the hour to fill out the final hiring process paperwork.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember having to answer any difficult or unexpected questions for this particular job, but the one that always irritates me is: "Where do you see yourself in five years?" How in the world am I supposed to answer that? Am I psychic?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was "Do you want this job?" And I said, "Absolutely!"