The University of Alabama Resident Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

The University of Alabama Resident Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at The University of Alabama

2.4

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama in March 2011.

Interview

The process is very nice. Interviewees take you very seriously and are very aware of the job requirements. The time frame is pretty lengthy. It took quite a while to hear back for final selections. I had several friends who did not get a position as an RA and they were not told they were not selected--it was just silence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation necessary

Other Interview Reviews for The University of Alabama

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in December 2014.

Interview

Online interview for returning RAs. Recorded from home, approximately 30 minutes long. Questions were about personality, job focus, mediation experience, programming objectives, ideas and goals. Time to answer questions was limited, but the interview could be re-recorded numerous times with one final submission. The only issue was that you had to answer all ten questions every time you resubmitted.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you would do differently next year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

After attending a mandatory interest session, you will be required to attend Capstone Academy, which is a training program that is monitored and included in the interview process. After Capstone Academy, you will have a formal interview with two of the professional housing staff members. The Community Directors then pick the Resident Advisors and Freshman Advisors they want on their staff, and those individuals receive an email containing their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an experience you've had in the past where you had to deal with an issue of diversity between individuals, what did you do to deal with it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

After filling out the necessary paperwork, you are required to attend one of several interview sessions all ran by current RAs. These sessions are broke into 4 parts. The first part is the standard panel interview. The next session is used in order to judge your creativity. The last two sections both deal with how you interact with people. This is used in order to judge who has the leadership qualities necessary to perform the RA job effectively.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is trying to separate yourself during the sections where they are judging how well you work as a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

Applicants apply online, must be a student that has lived on campus before. You then get call backs based on your application. The interview process has 4 rounds. The first 3 are group interviews: situation based, personality tests, and problem solving. Students are interviewed to test each other on how they react in groups or team work. The last round is a traditional one-on-one interview with questions about why you want to be hired, etc.

Interview Questions

• There was a scenario of "whose-life-would-you-save" and the interviewers watched as you presented your arguments as to how and why you would save certain people.   1 Answer