The University of Kansas Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of March received an email to do a phone interview mid April. Phone interview went well & was offered to interview for another position that I hadn't applied for but she thought it would be more of what my background is. Had an interview with department manager. Which I thought went really well. Was told they will make a decision by Friday of that week. Didn't hear anything from either interviews. But positions are still up on website.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

THey asked pretty basic questions like previous job experience and why you want to work at KU Med. What was a difficult situation that you have been in. That kind of thing. The interview was not hard, there was no IQ or personality test.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker violating a patient's privacy like taking a picture what would you do?   Answer Question

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

Extensive, too many people and panels, full day. Reminds me of residency days. Like you are begging for a spot except this time feels like begging for a job

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time you received an unexpected feedback and how you handled it   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System.

Interview

Received a call for interview a month after applying. Interview went great. Was given all the info for drug screening, benefits and pay. Filled out for background check as well. Was told would be called for 2nd interview a month later no word. I sent an email asking next steps, was told still doing first rounds. A month later, no word. Sent another email, no response. Waited 3 weeks, sent another email to see if I was still in the running, was told my qualifications didn't match what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• The usual scripted questions from a recruiter.   1 Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Most of the questions are about how you handle your current job and tasks. Most of it was to see if the manager gets along with you. He basically took what i do and told me how it would be very similar but with more freedom.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was impressed with her knowledge of the position. She was great at keeping me informed throughout the process.

The second interview was a phone interview with an existing instructional designer. We discussed eLearning programs, and the process for developing a training.

Exercise Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter and went over salary range & benefits. Met with department manager and was told they would give me a call.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying, I was required to complete a time-gobbling assessment. From there, I heard from a Lead Recruiter (that referred to herself as "Senior Management") who went through a list of standard prescreening questions, which seemed to have been read from a list. No insight provided as to the role itself. It was a one-way conversation.

A week later, I heard from a virtual Consultant, who called to schedule a phone interview with the Chief HR Officer, for 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning. She called late, then proceeded to go through a list of standard questions as before. The call went 30 minutes. Low energy/enthusiasm again. I started to wonder if I should even continue on in the process. I was told that I would be hearing from the Consultant again re: an onsite interview.

Later, I did get a call, but it was to set up a THIRD call, with her, for the following evening at 7:30PM. Once again, standard questions, a bunch of repeats that I had answered twice before. No real insight into the role, as she was not an employee, and didn't have any information to share about the working conditions, daily activities, etc. I was told I could expect an update within a few days. A week later, and I received an auto-generated email (no personal call, email) letting me know that I was not selected.

As a prospective employee, if you want to invest a lot of time and energy in seeking out employment (ex: the application, the personal assessment, 3 rounds of phone interviews) with KU, I'd suggest checking out some of the other employers in town first. They have the courtesy and professionalism to notify you by way of email or phone call, vs. a cold, auto-generated e-notification from KU. Clearly, growing pains (and possibly staff shortages) at this organization leak into the candidate experience. I think it is indicative of their views on candidates, and most likely, their employees.

Trust your gut when exploring new opportunities. If you like working with intelligent, highly-qualified, experienced professionals, take note of the HR staff and the vetting process. In each of those conversations, if not one unique question was asked outside of a low-energy/enthusiasm pre-formatted screening battery, and very little time (if any) was allotted to sell you the organization, specifics about the role, and WHY you should want to work with them, then you might be happier elsewhere. I see it as a mentality that you should feel lucky to be called by them, a 1-way street.

The fact that they interview candidates at 7:30PM at night (via non-employee Consultant in Salt Lake City), and 8:00AM on a Saturday morning (via the Chief HR Officer) is a red flag in my mind. Very strange. SLOW moving as well.

Overall, one of the worst impressions of an employer I’ve ever walked away with. I think I dodged a bullet. They obviously do not care about their Employment Brand and have very little understanding of how easy it is for candidates to steer away future hires within their network.

Registered Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS) in March 2018.

Interview

The hiring process went smoothly. I was contacted by the hiring manager fairly quickly to set up and interview. The interview process went smoothly, as I was well prepared for it. Shortly after I was contacted by HR and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for the University of Kansas Health Systems?   Answer Question

Rehab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System.

Interview

multi step process, application, phone interview, in person interview. Interview process took a little longer than expected. When moving from part time to full time it required going through the same interview process.