The University of Kansas Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The University of Kansas Health System Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online( was a long application). Had to take a personality-type quiz which took about half an hour. A week later was called for a phone interview and a in-person interview. Phone interview took half an hour and was with a job recruiter. Was asked basic interview questions and then told about salary and benefits. Was told to wear business attire and to ask interviewer alot of questions for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of March received an email to do a phone interview mid April. Phone interview went well & was offered to interview for another position that I hadn't applied for but she thought it would be more of what my background is. Had an interview with department manager. Which I thought went really well. Was told they will make a decision by Friday of that week. Didn't hear anything from either interviews. But positions are still up on website.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Within a week of applying, was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived a bit early for the interview (about 10 min). After 30 minutes of waiting,I was told that the doctor was not in the building and that no one know where he was, but to wait. After another 10 minutes, I was brought to another room to wait while the doctor interviewed someone else for another position. Finally, about 50 min after my scheduled time, I was brought in for a 10 min interview. He started firing off questions rapidly before I could even sit, and after about 4 questions was practically pushing me out the door! Since he didn't want to talk to me at all, I can only assume that he made up his mind about me based upon something else entirely!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying, I was required to complete a time-gobbling assessment. From there, I heard from a Lead Recruiter (that referred to herself as "Senior Management") who went through a list of standard prescreening questions, which seemed to have been read from a list. No insight provided as to the role itself. It was a one-way conversation.

A week later, I heard from a virtual Consultant, who called to schedule a phone interview with the Chief HR Officer, for 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning. She called late, then proceeded to go through a list of standard questions as before. The call went 30 minutes. Low energy/enthusiasm again. I started to wonder if I should even continue on in the process. I was told that I would be hearing from the Consultant again re: an onsite interview.

Later, I did get a call, but it was to set up a THIRD call, with her, for the following evening at 7:30PM. Once again, standard questions, a bunch of repeats that I had answered twice before. No real insight into the role, as she was not an employee, and didn't have any information to share about the working conditions, daily activities, etc. I was told I could expect an update within a few days. A week later, and I received an auto-generated email (no personal call, email) letting me know that I was not selected.

As a prospective employee, if you want to invest a lot of time and energy in seeking out employment (ex: the application, the personal assessment, 3 rounds of phone interviews) with KU, I'd suggest checking out some of the other employers in town first. They have the courtesy and professionalism to notify you by way of email or phone call, vs. a cold, auto-generated e-notification from KU. Clearly, growing pains (and possibly staff shortages) at this organization leak into the candidate experience. I think it is indicative of their views on candidates, and most likely, their employees.

Trust your gut when exploring new opportunities. If you like working with intelligent, highly-qualified, experienced professionals, take note of the HR staff and the vetting process. In each of those conversations, if not one unique question was asked outside of a low-energy/enthusiasm pre-formatted screening battery, and very little time (if any) was allotted to sell you the organization, specifics about the role, and WHY you should want to work with them, then you might be happier elsewhere. I see it as a mentality that you should feel lucky to be called by them, a 1-way street.

The fact that they interview candidates at 7:30PM at night (via non-employee Consultant in Salt Lake City), and 8:00AM on a Saturday morning (via the Chief HR Officer) is a red flag in my mind. Very strange. SLOW moving as well.

Overall, one of the worst impressions of an employer I’ve ever walked away with. I think I dodged a bullet. They obviously do not care about their Employment Brand and have very little understanding of how easy it is for candidates to steer away future hires within their network.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was impressed with her knowledge of the position. She was great at keeping me informed throughout the process.

The second interview was a phone interview with an existing instructional designer. We discussed eLearning programs, and the process for developing a training.

Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough interview. The interviewer wanted to get to know me and make sure I would be a good fit for the hospital. We had a short session of getting to know each other and then my interviewer proceeded with questions about my work performance, past work experience, and what I would be able to contribute to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe where you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

Extensive, too many people and panels, full day. Reminds me of residency days. Like you are begging for a spot except this time feels like begging for a job

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time you received an unexpected feedback and how you handled it   Answer Question

RN-2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Lengthy process. Waited more than four weeks to hear anything from initial application. Met with panel of managers and staff. Very nice. Unfortunately, no feed back after that from HR. They need to update their website once position is filled.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions related to experience and how you would handle conflict.   1 Answer

House Keeping Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System in December 2014.

Interview

Two people interview you at a time , seems like they are looking for someone with stable work history , and a great personality . Not only did they won't someone who could push a brim , but also interact positively with patients.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The University of Kansas Health System.

Interview

Received a call for interview a month after applying. Interview went great. Was given all the info for drug screening, benefits and pay. Filled out for background check as well. Was told would be called for 2nd interview a month later no word. I sent an email asking next steps, was told still doing first rounds. A month later, no word. Sent another email, no response. Waited 3 weeks, sent another email to see if I was still in the running, was told my qualifications didn't match what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• The usual scripted questions from a recruiter.   1 Answer