The University of Kansas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.3

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

It was a multiple interview setting where you walk into a room with three tables and interview at each table with different people to get approval. It was a bit confusing because you could hear other applicants interviewing at the other tables while you were trying to answer questions at your own table.

Interview Questions

• They give you a series of dilemmas and ask which you would attend to first and why   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas (Overland Park, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phoner with a round-table format. Very hard to hear and question after question for a half hour. The second interview was three hours long, including a 30-minute powerpoint presentation given by me to a group of around twenty people. This was a tough interview!

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

It was 1 on 1 skype video interview with the professor who eventually hired me. I presented about 40 minutes about the researches that I have done during phd. After ppt, there were one hour Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Criticize you phd work by yourself?   1 Answer

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas in March 2016.

Interview

First you apply with a standard and a supplemental application, then there's a group interview, then an individual interview. The individual interview had a panel of 6 people including supervisors, advisors and other peer advisors. Whole thing took about a month, and everyone was very helpful and kind. Ask questions and make you express how interested you are in the job.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Kansas.

Interview

Very straghtforward. I applied and they called me almost immediately, I was told that my resume was very impressive and I had the job. I thought about it and decided that I needed to look elsewhere as salary was not negotiable.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

One round h.r after which if youre c.v is shortlisted you get a call from the H.r who asks you to confirm the status of your application. Whereafter you will be asked a few questions and then in about a week you will be sent an official letter which you can accept or decline.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Kansas in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was handled through HR. A series of questions were asked for screening purposes. An interview was setup in the clinical area. Then a personality test was administered online. After you get an offer and accept, you have to have a drug test immediately. Then you have to submit to a physical. If there are physical requirements on the job description be prepared to perform them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you overcame an adverse situation? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Another opportunity

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The University of Kansas.

Interview

After seeing research posters in a visitation symposium, we all submitted top 5 professors that you are interested in talking to. They organized interviews for the following day in 20 minute intervals where each potential student would meet 1 on 1 with each advisor to talk about research, experience and other general questions pertaining to your CV.
    Relatively simple, very informative and low stress.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience with research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

Fairly easy. Answered a few questions, gave my availability and then they got back to me within a week offering me the position. They were very clear on explaining there would be late night shifts and weekend shifts

Grant Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Kansas.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a committee and they took turns asking general behavioral questions. The committee included people from different levels and divisions of the organization. The interview process took about an hour and I received an offer two weeks after the interview. The interview was fairly casual and everyone was encouraging and positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had a personal conflict with someone you work with and how it was resolved.   Answer Question