The University of Massachusetts Amherst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The University of Massachusetts Amherst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.6

Peer Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst.

Interview

The interview has two parts: a series of questions and a brief presentation. You are interviewed by a Learning Communities Graduate and two current Peer Mentors. The atmosphere is very relaxed.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Walked into the catering headquarters was asked if I had any food service experience and was handed a one page application. There was clearly a shortage of staff members available this semester and as a result this made it quite easy to get a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any food service experience?   1 Answer

Clerk IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was 3 rounds about 20-30 mins each. Each round with a different pair of office staff. The staff members would take turns with questions. Every round had a different set of questions. They had three rounds because the position that was open requires that these members like the person.

Interview Questions

• What makes me a good candidate for the position?   Answer Question
    • What would do when dealing with a difficult co worker?   Answer Question
    • How would I handle disciplining a stuff member that wasn't doing a proper job or was making repeated mistakes?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

pretty informal, met with hiring manager who asked some basic questions and delinieated the requirements of the job and went over what skills i would need. read off rules and regulations to follow

Interview Questions

• do you have experience with tools/ power tools   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA).

Interview

One on one interview. My interview was early in the day and it was a comfortable environment. The questions were mostly based on any experiences had. Not too many questions about personal goals.

Residence Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA).

Interview

Pretty standard for an RD position. First was a phone (or skype?) screening which lasted 30 min. Very basic RD questions. Then was invited for an on-campus interview. All day (typical RD) experience. Interviewed with people all over campus. UMass took care of the plane ticket/transport, meals, and the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Standard RD questions: diversity, supervision style...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible- unionized job with prescribed details.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst.

Interview

I know this professor, I went to his office and just talk with him. The problems are easy and simple, not too difficult. after 30 mins talking, he offered me this job. I am really happy about this.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Following a discussion with this particular professor in person after a class, we discussed the possibility of me doing research in environmental science. She said she would like to set up a meeting to talk about some science with me. At this meeting we had a natural conversation about what I found interesting about science, especially pertaining to medical research. I asked her questions about her published research, what types of interactions she has had with government agencies and different companies, where she hopes to take her current and future research.

Interview Questions

• What kind of science out there interests you?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant -Cultural Enrichment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to the advert on the university job board, got a call one week after for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three, the environment was warm and welcoming. very friendly university administrators. Two member of the panel did the asking why the third person was just an observer. After the main interview, we went on to discuss other non-interview related general issues. which, I think was essential to gauge my personality and views on some contentious issues.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, how is this position related to what you are doing currently and what you plan to do in the years ahead.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

You just have to submit a simple application with your education details and the courses you have taken throughout your academic career. During the interview, the interviewer will ask simple questions about the classes you took and why you want this job. It seemed more like a formality.