Cover image for The University of North Carolina System

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

The University of North Carolina System Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 81 of over 81 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The University of North Carolina System

The University of North Carolina System

Application

I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System

Interview

Sent my resume and writing samples to the director of the office through email, email forwarded by the director to the supervisor, then Zoom meeting with the supervisor due to COVID

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience
    Answer Question

The University of North Carolina System

Application

I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System

Interview

One day, with dinner the night before. A presentation to the library and campus stakeholders. Meetings with various library groups, including the search committee, the position's supervisor, and the library director.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

219.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=The University of North Carolina System~15010
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about The University of North Carolina System? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The University of North Carolina System employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

The University of North Carolina System

Application

I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System

Interview

good interview, good personal interactions, made to feel at ease and comfortable in a low key environment. I left feeling good, under no pressure what so ever. I did not feel nervous or apprehensive when going into the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The University of North Carolina System

Application

I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System

Interview

Online Application followed by an In-person Interview on campus. Met with all of the supervisors and got to go through the process of understanding the day to day responsibilities and tasks

Interview Questions
  • Describe one experience in which you dealt with conflict. How did you resolve it?
1 person found this interview helpful

The University of North Carolina System

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System

Interview

3-man panel. Friendly bunch. Easy questions, especially the non-technical 'basic human interaction' stuff. Technical questions were very basic. Declined offer - benefits are expensive and I would've had to pay for parking. Pay did not justify the longer commute. Otherwise a decent opportunity in a seemingly pleasant work environment.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System (Chapel Hill, NC) in Apr 2017

Interview

It was an online application sent through the school. After applying, I was emailed by the hiring manager. We arranged for an interview, which I had to reschedule, then attended. It was not a high-stress environment and only required one interview, after which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • What have you noticed about our school's representation on social media? What improvements would you make?

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System (Chapel Hill, NC) in Dec 2016

Interview

phone screening, in-person interview with larger group, skills assessment with 3 managers were you need to present a code sample then they have you explain a macro. The questions in the larger group are all read off of 'qualified' questions that they are limited to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System (Chapel Hill, NC) in Sep 2016

Interview

2 part interview. First interview allows them to meet you and get a general idea of who you are and personality. If you get a second interview, they ask specific questions pertaining to your nuclear medicine experiences. It lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time that a co-worker did something that you knew was wrong and what did you do about it?

The University of North Carolina System

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System in Apr 2016

Interview

Requested four hours to meet with 4 separate groups of people who all asked the same questions, then invited to lunch with no one from the actual interview process but a random employee from a different department. Received rejection via generic HR message to the effect of dear candidate someone else has been chosen and this department is no longer interested in your application. Come for the reputation, don't stay for respect or consideration of your time.

Interview Questions
  • Spend 30 minutes to complete a budget activity.

The University of North Carolina System

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of North Carolina System

Interview

I was not interviewed at all. I was sent an email explaining I had been offered a TAship and accepted the contract online without having to meet anyone. However, I did need to specify that I was interested in a TAship when I applied for the graduate program

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Interviews

The University of North Carolina System Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at The University of North Carolina System as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.58 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Research Assistant and Graduate Research Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Postdoctoral Fellow and Postdoctoral Research Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at The University of North Carolina System takes an average of 23 days when considering 83 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Postdoctoral Fellow had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Postdoctoral Research Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 82 days).

Common stages of the interview process at The University of North Carolina System according to 83 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 24.52%