The University of Texas Medical Branch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was with a panel of 7 members. VP, 4 directors, a manager and the Sr. Financial Analyst. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of each member discussing their position and background and how it related to the job. I then provided my background and how it related to the position

Mental Health Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch.

Interview

It was a panel interview. You need to know your stuff. The interview itself is not difficult as long as you know what you are talking about. The interview was very through and the panelists told me exactly what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What are they symptoms of MDD without psychotic features?   Answer Question

PACU RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on line and was given a time and date to be interviewed. At the interview I waited to be called to see 3 different dept. heads and was asked the same questions for 3 different jobs.

Interview Questions

• tell us of a time when you may have said or done something you regettted later involving a co-worker   Answer Question

Budget & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Houston, TX).

Interview

First round interview at the campus, consisted of two interviewers
    second round interview was held in galveston, Tx had a panel interview with 7 UTMB budget and analysis team management
    Found out a week later that they had selected me

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX).

Interview

Two interviews were required. First one was a panel interview with a few department employees. The 2nd interview contained all members of the department. In each interview, various questions were asked. The 2nd interview was mainly a test to see how well I would fit in the department and the various members asked me questions.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very detailed interview process. Day long itinerary complete with peers, physician & administrative leaders
    There had been considerable time between phone screening interview & day-long interview event.
    Challenge was to have relavent questions for 8 different interview sections, some 1on1 & others w/ 4-6 people.
    Department decided to cancel the position posting. Has not been re-posted.

HUC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Proficient face to face, what was expected from the candidate selected. If I had preference for any shift.
    My desire to work with a united group for one purpose to be in care of patients.

Interview Questions

• Shift of interest, I mentioned day or evening. My mistake. Prefer day.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Huntsville, TX).

Interview

you have to go through a extensive back ground process. Was ask lots of questions about how to handle different and difficult situations. Education possessed to able for position.

Interview Questions

• How you felt about working in the confines of a Prison.   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Pasadena, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview (former manager, health provider and upcoming new director) in person in the education room of the clinic. The second interview was through tele health with the regional director in another city. I applied on-line, finding it through Indeed, and followed up with a phone call and in person (dropping off my short resume to the person in charge). I also found that an HR rep was connected to my career resource development director at my alum so I asked her to connect me, which connected us to the right HR person. This took about a month and then I got called in for an interview, which was followed by another about 2 weeks later. The offer came about 2-3 weeks after that (a little longer than anticipated) and then I began the negotiation. Salary negotiation took about 1 week or so and then I did the drug/screen tests. I started about 2-3 weeks after the salary was negotiated, which was not able to be moved much, even though a range had been publicly advertised.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about handling multiple challenges. How would I handle most of the front desk staff calling in sick, for example or a patient yelling at me? How did I feel about not working in a glamorous environment? They were clear of the many challenges and demands on the position and asked about my attention to detail, ability to do reports and meet demands.   1 Answer

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They were all very nice. I couldn't accept the position because it intervened with my school orientation. Overall it was a nice experience. They work as a team and expect the same for prospective employees.