The University of Vermont Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Staff Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in May 2009.

Interview

Online application then an interview with management and the nurse educator. It's been a while so I'm not sure if current practices have changed. I remember going to HR first to look at the job title and doing an initial interview. Then going to the main campus to interview with the manager of the floor I wanted to work on and meet some of the staff. The I met with the nurse educator.

Interview Questions

• How can you add to this organization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process was intense for IS. They have you meet over the phone, in person with a manager, then meet with the entire team to which you're applying. Be sure to be prepared to answer off the cuff questions, unrelated to the job you're seeking. They like to throw you off the path you would expect when interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding system operations I wasn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are fixed and limited.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT).

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screening interview. I was brought in for a half day of interviews with numerous people in the department. The experience was very positive.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter. Read from a sheet of standard interview questions about team experiences that didn't apply to my former job. Difficult to convey who I was and what I did. A real conversation would have been more meaningful for both them and me. Left no room for that discussion. Recruiter in HR didn't understand what the job is or does.

Why do you want to work here?
    Can you give me an example of when you were on a team and how you got others to go along when they didn't want to? (We didn't have teams)
    Multiple other team oriented questions.
    What are you most proud of?
    Etc.

Interview Questions

• Google "standard interview questions" and you'll know what to expect.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in August 2014.

Interview

First you apply through there website and wait for call to set up an interview. Meet up with the supervisor and they do some basic question, really easy going, and follow up some customer service question and probably some emergency situation question. And once you are done with all that they will either send you an email or call you to tell you weather you are in or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important in this department?   1 Answer

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Berlin, VT) in August 2018.

Interview

Met for 20-30 minute intervals with 5 different physicians, an NP, and the practice manager. It was a total of 3 hours long. It was a very streamlined process and didn't involve the hospital tours and other unnecessary steps that many other interviews entailed.

Practice Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center.

Interview

One sided video interview which was the first step. Straight forward generic questions. Nothing related to the particular job but more for the leadership capabilities. The questions were given 2 mins to answer. There was the option to repeat the question and 30 seconds to prepare your answer.

Interview Questions

• Why UVM? Why are u looking to change jobs?   Answer Question
    • What extra information would you like to share with the interview team?   Answer Question
    • What leadership capabilities do you possess? Which incident made you realize that?   Answer Question
    • How do you perform under pressure?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center.

Interview

Not very good. You can tell they're desperate for nurses. I applied for 4 positions and got calls for each and single one of them. It was pretty easy to get a job.

Medical Assistant Interview

Interview

I filled out the application form and received a call from the recruiter within a week. We had a very positive discussion and agreed that my qualifications met and exceeded the requirements for the position. Likewise, we discussed mutually favorable logistics for start date, work hours, training schedule, etc. Overall things seemed to go very well and we left off planning to schedule an in-person interview the following week.

Two weeks have passed and I have heard nothing. I've reached out multiple times via multiple avenues with zero response.

If they've filled the position with another applicant, that's fine...I'm happy for both parties. However it is unprofessional to leave other applicants hanging without ANY contact, especially when an applicant has reached out for a simple status update multiple times. This makes me question the professionalism of the HR department and frankly I doubt I'll bother to apply for jobs here in the future.

The University of Vermont Medical Center Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

I am sorry for your negative experience and I would love to speak with you to discuss your application. This is valuable feedback that I will bring back to the team. As an organization we... More

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in February 2015.

Interview

I had the interview in the office of the Supervisor, and then was taken on a tour around the entire office, being introduced to various people. I might have been hired on the spot, but cannot remember.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a conflict between a co-worker and myself.   1 Answer