The University of Vermont Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The University of Vermont Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.9

Medical Assistant Interview

Interview

I filled out the application form and received a call from the recruiter within a week. We had a very positive discussion and agreed that my qualifications met and exceeded the requirements for the position. Likewise, we discussed mutually favorable logistics for start date, work hours, training schedule, etc. Overall things seemed to go very well and we left off planning to schedule an in-person interview the following week.

Two weeks have passed and I have heard nothing. I've reached out multiple times via multiple avenues with zero response.

If they've filled the position with another applicant, that's fine...I'm happy for both parties. However it is unprofessional to leave other applicants hanging without ANY contact, especially when an applicant has reached out for a simple status update multiple times. This makes me question the professionalism of the HR department and frankly I doubt I'll bother to apply for jobs here in the future.

The University of Vermont Medical Center Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

I am sorry for your negative experience and I would love to speak with you to discuss your application. This is valuable feedback that I will bring back to the team. As an organization we... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT).

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screening interview. I was brought in for a half day of interviews with numerous people in the department. The experience was very positive.

Staff Nurse I - Intern In the Operating Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in May 2016.

Interview

General application online through UVM Health Career site. Applied April 7th, scheduled an interview May 18th. In person interview panel, consisted of a four hour shadow with an OR RN and then a two hour interview with the OR Nurse Educator, Assistant Nurse Manager, OR Staff Coordinator, and a fellow intern currently in the final week of the program.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the OR? How do you handle stressful situations? Positive patient experience, negative patient experience, how do you handle each? How do you handle personal and work conflicts? The general nursing interview questions, with a few OR specific.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by all the physics staff, by the chair of radiology, and by the radiology department's administrative director.

After being offered the position verbally and by email, 3 days later it was rescinded by HR. Their reason was that I was "too aggressive in negotiating for a higher salary".

Interview Questions

• What was my management style.   1 Answer

Licensed Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with a Human Resources Recruiter and was asked some basic interview questions. I heard back a week later and was asked to come in for an in person interview on the unit of my choice. After the interview I heard back 2 weeks later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed rate no room for negotiation.

New Graduate RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center.

Interview

I began the process in February with an application for the program, then was asked in March to complete a recorded video interview, I completed this in the beginning of March and didn't hear anything back until July. I was asked to interview on 3 units. The in person interview process is very standard with standard questions (strengths, a time you went above and beyond for a patient, why nursing, why UVM...). I left feeling confident and loving the hospital. I was contacted two days later by the employment office and was offered a job on two of the three units.

Interview Questions

• If I were to contact a previous clinical instructor, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

The University of Vermont Medical Center Response

Sep 4, 2015 – Manager, Recruiting and Staffing

Congratulations your accepted offer with us here at the University of Vermont Medical Center! That is great news! We apologize for the delay from when you applied to when you heard from the... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call a week or so later from the supervisor of the clinic. She three short screening questions then asked when I could come in for an interview that week. I came into the clinic a few days later and met with the supervisor of the clinic. First she asked me to tell me a little bit about myself. She followed that question with questions about my past customer service experience, my strength and weakness, why I wanted this position and where I thought I would be in the next five years. Then I was showed around the two clinics and introduce to many of the PSS staff by the operation support specialist and the interview was over. This interview occurred early in the morning and I received a call offering me the position that afternoon.

Patient Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in May 2015.

Interview

Prompt, descriptive, informational and interactive. Asked questions pertaining to team work, accountability, responsibility and prior experiences. Asked how one resolves conflict, discussed benefits, team morale activities and job description.
    Very detailed and knew this is what I wanted after interview had begun.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in February 2015.

Interview

I had the interview in the office of the Supervisor, and then was taken on a tour around the entire office, being introduced to various people. I might have been hired on the spot, but cannot remember.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a conflict between a co-worker and myself.   1 Answer

LNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in October 2012.

Interview

3 to 1 interview, lots of questions regarding stressful situations, and past experiences. They were more intrigued about how I would handle situations, rather than what experiences I had in the past. They also wanted to know what my availability would be for floating, and/or per diem work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you had multiple nurses requesting your help?   Answer Question