The University of Vermont Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 27 of over 27 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

The University of Vermont Medical Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Aug 2021

Interview

I had two virtual interviews, the first with the supervisor and the 2nd with two employees in the HR department. The interview with the supervisor went well, she had a list of questions to ask and the interview was more structured, more professional. The interview with the two employees wasn't. One of the employees seemed disinterested, I didn't get a good vibe from her. They hadn’t looked over my resume before the interview either, which for HR professionals that’s not a good practice. It seemed like they were asking questions off the top of their heads, some of which could’ve been answered if they had looked at my resume beforehand. I was told they’d “be in touch” about next steps. While I was visiting their website a few weeks after the interview, I saw they reposted the position. Then they got back to me a few days later about their decision.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your experience with social media?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in Jul 2021

Interview

It is a recorded video interview, which means your answers are recorded instead of a virtual meeting with recruiter. You will have 10 second to think about your answer and 20 second for preparation of presenting your answer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

The University of Vermont Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center

Interview

I did a video interview with recorded questions and answers first, and then did a live interview with the nurse manager, assistant nurse manager, and nurse educator. The questions were straightforward - nothing tricky.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The University of Vermont Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center

Interview

a 4 week process containing 1 video interview by HR and 3 individual department interviews, 5 references are needed from previous supervisors, standard interview questions, each interview is 30 minutes long

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Denver, CO) in Apr 2020

Interview

First there is an HR screening, then interviews with managers, then group interviews. Everyone is very kind and the benefits seem fantastic, but be sure to get clarity regarding salaries early on. There was a lot of confusion between what HR led me to believe in the first interview versus what I was ultimately offered in the last interview. After six weeks and many interviews I was very disappointed/saddened and felt misled by the HR recruiter once the final offer was made to me. There’s also no room for negotiation at all, it felt very “take it or leave it.” Also, the higher pay scales listed here for IT aren’t accurate (or UVMHN has reduced their pay scales); senior level analysts/professionals cap out at the bottom of market value, especially for Epic analysts. With that said, the organization seems to compensate fairly for professionals with 2-5 years’ experience. If you have more than that, the salaries flatten significantly and it appears you’re locked into a certain pay grade. Advanced degrees hold no value in salary negotiations. Finally, the relocation package is very small, with I believe a cash payout (I believe of 1k) followed by receipt submissions up to about 5k. If you’re in Vermont already the pay may be adequate. If you’re open to relocation to many places and would like to work with Epic, there are currently numerous positions listed throughout the country (some remote) that offer better compensation and similar benefits.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT)

Interview

good it was a bit unhuman it all started with video interview they can't even take the time to talk to you. I feel like a number and not a human when they do this.

Interview Questions
  • good it was a bit unhuman it all started with video interview they can't even take the time to talk to you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in Sep 2019

Interview

First a phone screening call. Followed with an interview call with 2 others. They asked me about myself and then launched into questions. I did not get the job as they 'hired' from within. I have the feeling this job was written specifically for someone already on staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in Jun 2019

Interview

Video interview and then in person. Met with 3 supervisors in-person and when over resume. Was asked about my relationship with others and how I respond to issues and pressure.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The University of Vermont Medical Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center

Interview

Not very good. You can tell they're desperate for nurses. I applied for 4 positions and got calls for each and single one of them. It was pretty easy to get a job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Berlin, VT) in Aug 2018

Interview

Met for 20-30 minute intervals with 5 different physicians, an NP, and the practice manager. It was a total of 3 hours long. It was a very streamlined process and didn't involve the hospital tours and other unnecessary steps that many other interviews entailed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Interviews