The University of Vermont Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The University of Vermont Medical Center

2.7

Epic Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Denver, CO) in April 2020.

Interview

First there is an HR screening, then interviews with managers, then group interviews.

Everyone is very kind and the benefits seem fantastic, but be sure to get clarity regarding salaries early on. There was a lot of confusion between what HR led me to believe in the first interview versus what I was ultimately offered in the last interview. After six weeks and many interviews I was very disappointed/saddened and felt misled by the HR recruiter once the final offer was made to me. There’s also no room for negotiation at all, it felt very “take it or leave it.”

Also, the higher pay scales listed here for IT aren’t accurate (or UVMHN has reduced their pay scales); senior level analysts/professionals cap out at the bottom of market value, especially for Epic analysts.

With that said, the organization seems to compensate fairly for professionals with 2-5 years’ experience. If you have more than that, the salaries flatten significantly and it appears you’re locked into a certain pay grade. Advanced degrees hold no value in salary negotiations.

Finally, the relocation package is very small, with I believe a cash payout (I believe of 1k) followed by receipt submissions up to about 5k.

If you’re in Vermont already the pay may be adequate. If you’re open to relocation to many places and would like to work with Epic, there are currently numerous positions listed throughout the country (some remote) that offer better compensation and similar benefits.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT).

Interview

good it was a bit unhuman it all started with video interview they can't even take the time to talk to you. I feel like a number and not a human when they do this.

Interview Questions

• good it was a bit unhuman it all started with video interview they can't even take the time to talk to you   1 Answer

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in June 2019.

Interview

Video interview and then in person. Met with 3 supervisors in-person and when over resume. Was asked about my relationship with others and how I respond to issues and pressure.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center.

Interview

Not very good. You can tell they're desperate for nurses. I applied for 4 positions and got calls for each and single one of them. It was pretty easy to get a job.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Berlin, VT) in August 2018.

Interview

Met for 20-30 minute intervals with 5 different physicians, an NP, and the practice manager. It was a total of 3 hours long. It was a very streamlined process and didn't involve the hospital tours and other unnecessary steps that many other interviews entailed.

LNA Inpatient Rehab Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in April 2018.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. Laid back and relaxed. Didn't realize that I was not an RN and thought I was interviewing for a different position, but very chill. There was only one interviewer and he offered me a tour at the end of my interview.

Practice Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center.

Interview

One sided video interview which was the first step. Straight forward generic questions. Nothing related to the particular job but more for the leadership capabilities. The questions were given 2 mins to answer. There was the option to repeat the question and 30 seconds to prepare your answer.

Interview Questions

• Why UVM? Why are u looking to change jobs?   Answer Question
    • What extra information would you like to share with the interview team?   Answer Question
    • What leadership capabilities do you possess? Which incident made you realize that?   Answer Question
    • How do you perform under pressure?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Interview

I filled out the application form and received a call from the recruiter within a week. We had a very positive discussion and agreed that my qualifications met and exceeded the requirements for the position. Likewise, we discussed mutually favorable logistics for start date, work hours, training schedule, etc. Overall things seemed to go very well and we left off planning to schedule an in-person interview the following week.

Two weeks have passed and I have heard nothing. I've reached out multiple times via multiple avenues with zero response.

If they've filled the position with another applicant, that's fine...I'm happy for both parties. However it is unprofessional to leave other applicants hanging without ANY contact, especially when an applicant has reached out for a simple status update multiple times. This makes me question the professionalism of the HR department and frankly I doubt I'll bother to apply for jobs here in the future.

The University of Vermont Medical Center Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello,

I am sorry for your negative experience and I would love to speak with you to discuss your application. This is valuable feedback that I will bring back to the team. As an organization we strive to be the best and I hope that you apply again in the future despite your experience.

Please contact me directly at 802-847-4876.

Steven

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT).

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screening interview. I was brought in for a half day of interviews with numerous people in the department. The experience was very positive.

Staff Nurse I - Intern In the Operating Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT) in May 2016.

Interview

General application online through UVM Health Career site. Applied April 7th, scheduled an interview May 18th. In person interview panel, consisted of a four hour shadow with an OR RN and then a two hour interview with the OR Nurse Educator, Assistant Nurse Manager, OR Staff Coordinator, and a fellow intern currently in the final week of the program.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the OR? How do you handle stressful situations? Positive patient experience, negative patient experience, how do you handle each? How do you handle personal and work conflicts? The general nursing interview questions, with a few OR specific.   2 Answers