The Valley Management Group Interview Questions in Tempe, AZ | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Valley Management Group

2.4

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

The first interview could very easily be a phone interview. It takes 10-15 mins and most of that time consists of them talking about the company and not really asking any questions.

Also, they try to gloss over the fact that you'll really be selling services for other companies (AT&T, DIRECTV) in stores like Sam's Club or Costco. What they try to pass off as a marketing position is really an entry level sales job.

Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

The Valley Management Group Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback! However all interviews scheduled with our management staff here are done one on one and usually last between 15 - 40 minutes dependent on the individual. It could also... More

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Good experience from start to finish. Everyone was really friendly and professional from my first phone call with Human Resources to the final job offer from the Director. I think it was helpful that the different stages of the process was done by different people to give a more well-rounded perspective of the team and the environment.

Interview Questions

• Something that set me apart from my former coworkers.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

They were all very nice and polite throughout the process. However, the job is a scam that preys on young grads in my opinion. No direct answers about what the job would entail. He would spin those questions into how much money I'd make which seemed unrealistic for an entry level job.

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Very quick to respond to applications submitted online. However, they spent most of the time in the interview talking about how great the company is while neglecting to be up front about the actual job duties. They say they want to put you on the fast track towards becoming an account manager. While this is true, the real job you'll be performing is selling directv from a table inside a sams club. As long as you're successful there, you can move along this fast track towards becoming a big shot. It felt like a bait and switch overall.

Interview Questions

• Are you more comfortable working in a group setting or alone?   2 Answers

Aug 29, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feed back! We are looking to fill our open positions here at The Valley Management Group as soon as possible, which would be why your application was processed so quickly. In our... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Very smooth. I was actually able to book the appointment online which was great. The office staff was very friendly and professional. They were also very respectful of my time which was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities you would look for in a company you would spend the rest of your career with?   Answer Question

Apr 9, 2018 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a positive experience with our company and are excited you are on our team!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

It was a quick, but simple interview. Got offered a second interview, so we'll see how that goes. Seemed like a positive place to work. I might end up accepting a job if offered to me after the second interview if all goes well.

Interview Questions

• If I am ok with working as a team.   1 Answer

Customer Service/Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

I had my first interview today and then there will be a second interview with another person that will go in more depth with questions. The first interview was pretty quick. It lasted about 15 minutes. Be prepared to go in early and fill out a form and please bring your resume!

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in July 2018.

Interview

My interview went very well, it was a very welcoming environment. I felt comfortable and not nervous at all. Overall it took about 30 minutes to complete, the hiring manager was a tad bit intimidating but extremely nice!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had sales or marketing experience before?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Was pretty much told how the company was and their expectations... Didnt find out it was selling direct tv till the end..... Kurtis was like talking to a wall...not sure how anyone could work with him.. seemed like you need to sleep with the boss to get anywhere in that company... would of been nice to find out about the direct tv and what not in the first interview so didnt need to waste my time with the second

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Valley Management Group (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Two rounds: first with President and then with an account manager. Made the job sound more glamorous than it really is, you are selling DIRECTTV inside Walmarts and Sam's Clubs. This didn't come up until the 2nd interview and this is where I politely explained that this probably woulsn't be the best fit for my professional growth.

Interview Questions

• Where do see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Jul 3, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do work with AT&T and DIRECTV as they offer the best products and services on the market. But that is only one division within our company... More