The Village Inn of Wayne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Village Inn of Wayne Interview Questions

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Village Inn of Wayne

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Village Inn of Wayne.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Met with manager, discussed nothing relating to the job. Was told it was not a fine dining establishment. Obviously it isn't. If you can put up with subpar food. This is a great place to learn how to cook an egg really quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered a wage commensurate to my experience. None of it applied once I started. Everything was based on speed. Quality was not discussed.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Village Inn of Wayne (El Paso, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

terrible, not scripted, employer took control of interview and had no real guidelines for asking questions. I honestly felt as if i was being bullied or my thoughts repressed during the interview and rarely got to give more than 2 word answers. Most notable was the fact that my employer thought i was lying about my achievements in school, both academically and not. I was repeatedly asked if i was "b*llsh*tting" when talking about myself. The interview was clearly not scripted and the questions random, it was not even held in the back office but rather in a booth in the front and my interviewer repeatedly looked away from me while i was talking and would get up and leave in the middle of my sentences.

Busser Interview

Interview

Application taken in by hand, wore a polo and nice pants. (Similar to uniform)
    Was told to come back a couple days later dressed nicely, for interview.
    Dressed in slacks, dress pants, and a tie: and was asked several questions off a standard list. Answering these questions, I was informed I was getting a job.

Interview Questions

• All questions were simple and direct, not thought provoking.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Platte, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Village Inn of Wayne (North Platte, NE) in October 2010.

Interview

First there was a phone interview which led to a 1:1. Later an email was sent offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected nor were they difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

acceptable

Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Village Inn of Wayne in January 2010.

Interview

I came in to hand in an application and was told by the general manager to come back later that week for an interview. On the day of the interview I came in dress in slacks and a nice blouse, but I know some of my co-workers just wore jeans to their interviews. I was told about the company and what they are all about, ect. The interview was very short and more of a get-to-know me than anything else.